No announcement yet.

Fishing With A Utopian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to get out of the corporate world!!!! I am willing to make a quarter of what i do now to be happy!
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
      Did I say that?
      No, you did not - May I ask why you don't think the CEO is worth 80 times more than the other guy.

You could be dead on in your assessment but there are other issues that have to be considered.

Personally, I cant make that statement without further facts - maybe he is, maybe he isn't. If he's been busting his hump his whole career and worked his way up to that point then good for him. If he's a douche bag that inherited his spot from his parent or a brother in law deal (as it seems most are these days) - then maybe not.
      In either case it has no bearing on what I make or the position that I'm in. Nobody's ever given me a thing - I've worked for every dollar that I have and that's the way it should be. I don't begrudge another person for working harder or being smarter and making more than myself. I don't want and wont take anything that I haven't earned especially if its been taken from another to give to me. Of course gifts or winning the lottery are a different story..
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
        No, you did not - May I ask why you don't think the CEO is worth 80 times more than the other guy.

You could be dead on in your assessment but there are other issues that have to be considered.

Personally, I cant make that statement without further facts - maybe he is, maybe he isn't. If he's been busting his hump his whole career and worked his way up to that point then good for him. If he's a douche bag that inherited his spot from his parent or a brother in law deal (as it seems most are these days) - then maybe not.
        In either case it has no bearing on what I make or the position that I'm in. Nobody's ever given me a thing - I've worked for every dollar that I have and that's the way it should be. I don't begrudge another person for working harder or being smarter and making more than myself. I don't want and wont take anything that I haven't earned especially if its been taken from another to give to me. Of course gifts or winning the lottery are a different story..
        Reread what I said.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Reread what I said.
          You're good man.
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
            I fished yesterday morning with a neighbor's visiting friend from Florida. The fishing was slow, so we talked a lot about things. This fellow was originally from Pittsburg where he worked for a large company. He was transferred to Florida to do environmental studies for his company. I told him that was a great move to make, because the fishing in Florida has to be better than Pittsburg.
            We taked about his job a bit and then he said that he didn't think it was fair for the CEO of his company to make so much money. He said the CEO makes 80 times what he makes, and that it just wasn't right. Now this fellow is my age, 63, so I told him, he was old enough to know by now, that life isn't fair. I asked him if he made a good salary and he said yes, that he was generously compensated for his work. So I asked why he cared what the CEO made? He again said it wash't fair.
            Without explaining the history of capitalism, I told him that the company shareholders had decided the CEO was worth what he was paid.
            Liberal utopians are ALL about fairness. The problem with being fair is; who gets to decide?
            I think this sums up the dilemma!

This also applies
            If you spend your life belly aching over how much money someone else earns, your career will suffer and you'll die bitter and miserable.

As for mgstei1, I think he already is.
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Cannot believe this thread goes on and on. Think all you want. I'm outa the working world and drawing my entitlement from SS. Also a pension. Which now adays is venom to the CEOs and company managers to have a working stiff get anything. I saw the good times in the working world in the (60s and 70s) and have nothing but praise and good things to say about craft unions and the sacrifices made by union members to bring the workers in the USA the benefits or what's left of them to American workers. In fact ALL unions are good not just crafts. Yes, I am bitter but not miserable but sad that my grand kids and now even my kids have to put up with what the working world requires of them to keep the rich and managers CEOs and stock holders satisfied. That pendulum will swing hard the other way and when it does some of you better get the hell outa the way. Your cushy worlds will come down crashing.
              "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

I just threw up in my mouth a bit..
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I just saved a hundred bucks on my auto insurance.
                  I have an uncontrolable desire to wanna jerk my rod.

Comment

Originally posted by slickfish View Post
                    I just saved a hundred bucks on my auto insurance.
                    15 minutes?
                    TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

We should work on banning ethanol!
                      The API tried but the Courts said they didn't have grounds to object to the law, darnit. But yes, we should write our respective Congressional reps and tell them they need to change the law on Ethanol.
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                        The API tried but the Courts said they didn't have grounds to object to the law, darnit. But yes, we should write our respective Congressional reps and tell them they need to change the law on Ethanol.
                        Yeah. That stuff is worse than useless.
                        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Ibtsoom I just threw up in my mouth a bit..

LAUGHED OUT LOUD , HAR !
                          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

reeltime Plugger for president!

I'LL REMEMBER ALL YOU LITTLE PEOPLE ONCE I'M IN OFFICE . I APPOINT YOU ALL........CZARS !!!
                            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

"That pendulum will swing hard the other way and when it does some of you better get the hell outa the way. Your cushy worlds will come down crashing."

You're not actually smart enough to grasp that if what you predict happens, it won't be the "cushy" people that are hurt. It will be you, your children, and grand children. I'd be careful what I wish for.
                              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by mgstei1 View Post
                                my grand kids and now even my kids have to put up with what the working world requires of them to keep the rich and managers CEOs and stock holders satisfied...... crashing.
                                Now that's the attitude! Stay at it and you have taught them well! I appreciate it and I'll buy you a beer sometime!

Comment

Working...
                                X