468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get ready for huge nflip rate increases!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FEMA can also kiss my as$s

Comment

Originally posted by Keller View Post
      Edit: I was reading it wrong Flood went up $700 or 30%
      From my reading of the Waters Biggert Act, it's going to go up 25% a years until it reaches full price, or they change the rules again!
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
        From my reading of the Waters Biggert Act, it's going to go up 25% a years until it reaches full price, or they change the rules again!
        Correct-plus new rates based on new elevation levels.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I'm real close to being the tallest home on Tiki. My downstairs is 13 feet floor to ceiling.
          "Team Waist Deep"

Comment

It's got nothin' to do with how high your ceiling is, it's how high your foundation is.

BFE or Base Flood Elevation is the elevation that they base the rates on for the zone you are in. So, if the ground is 3' above mean sea level (msl) and you have a stilted house that is on 12' piers (ground to bottom of foundation) then your house is at a 15' elevation.

If FEMA has deemed that your area is supposed be BFE of 18' then you are -3 feet of BFE. If your area is BFE of 15' then you are 0 of BFE. If your area is 12' BFE then you are +3 on BFE and would use that. Anything from the ground to the base of the first level is usually not insurable. Then insurance starts at the base of the first level and the rate is determined by how much difference there is from the established BFE for your zone.

I'm in a VE zone with a 18' elevation BFE. I'm going to guess that my land is about 3' above msl and that my piers are about 10'. So, I'm -5 feet BFE w/ a 2 story structure.

I'm free and clear of a mortgage and if my calculations are right, I'll be in the 7-10K range for insurance when it comes up for renewal. If so, I am self insured from that point forward.

Comment

I'm 16' elevation and my flood renewed at $1842.00 in flood zone V20, like I said i'm real close to being one of the tallest homes on Tiki. Again I read it wrong and the final papers came in yesterday. mine went down $100 from last year.
              "Team Waist Deep"

Comment

Keller:

You're one lucky sunbeach!!
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

This year, fish on.
                  "Team Waist Deep"

Comment

Working...
                  X