468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cgi was canada's gun registry company-now it's obama's buddy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cgi was canada's gun registry company-now it's obama's buddy.

Someone jumped me on CGI-the Canuck Company that has bungled the ObamaCare website. Well, here's some sheet on CGI that reflects more in line with what I said which was they (Obama) choose them for a reason and money is involved in some way-like payola-well it is:
    From Breitbart News:

CGI, the Canadian company whose U.S. subsidiary built the failed Obamacare website, was once contracted to build a federal gun registry for the Canadian government, Breitbart News has learned.

CGI's contract was canceled in 2007 after a report by the Auditor General found that the Canadian Firearms Information System (CFIS) being built by CGI was "significantly over budget" and that it had been plagued by delays.

The Conservative government that took power in 2006 canceled CGI's gun registry contract, and eventually repealed the Canadian gun registry entirely.

In another parallel to the Obamacare controversy in the United States, the gun registry had been passed in 1993 over vehement Conservative objections, and was upheld by the Supreme Court of Canada in 2000, before finally being repealed in most of the country in 2012.

The failed gun registry was only one of CGI's many Canadian failures, which included canceled contracts to build health care databases in the provinces of Ontario and New Brunswick. Despite CGI's checkered record, the Obama administration awarded its U.S. subsidiary, CGI Federal, the $93.7 million contract to build healthcare.gov, part of $678 million in health care services contracts awarded to the company.

Brian Lilley of Canada's Sun News reported Monday on CGI's history of failures, cost overruns, and conflicts of interest, including the gun registry:

CGI was hired to make sure that the then-Liberal government's gun control program was efficient and high-tech. It never worked the way it should have. Was it bad programming or bad government decisions? The truth is, we don't know--we just got stuck with the bill.

The Canadian government spent $10 million to cancel the contract, on top of $81 million already spent--close to $100 million in U.S. dollars at the time.

The U.S. does not have a gun registry, but one would be required, according to Breitbart News' AWR Hawkins, to implement the universal background checks that Democrats and the Obama administration tried to push through Congress earlier this year.

SORTA NOW MAKES SENSE DOESN'T IT-BUTTER EM UP WITH WEBSITE AND LATER USE EM TO REGISTER GUNS-MAKES PERFECT SENSE WHY WE SPEND MONEY IN ANOTHER COUNTRY FOR OBAMACARE WEBSITE-HEY, DIDN'T OBAMA ALWAYS BEOTCH ABOUT SOME COMPANY SENDING JOBS OVERSEAS, BUT HE DIDN'T EVEN BLINK USING SOME CANADIAN FIRM FOR HIS OBLOWMECARE!!! ME SPEAKETH OUTTA BOF SIDES OF MY MOUF SAYS OBAMA. WHAT A POS POTUS WE HAVE-SO SAD THAT THE MORON FOLLOWERS ARE SO BLIND AND STUPID-JUST SAD, REALLY SAD.
    Last edited by Robalo; October 22, 2013, 01:07 PM.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Can someone splain to me why in the fark anyone would "contract" with CGI when they failed at previous contracts and also are not a USA company? If it aint payola or something stinky, which is what is historically the situation with Obama's money decisions-(see Solyndra, Soros and the Union BS), then WTH would any US POTUS hire a foreign company to run a US healthcare website?

This is a fishing site and it doesn't reek, but the ObamaCare website stinks worse than 100 baitcamps on a dead calm day in August.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

CGI Federal is a Virginia based subsidiary of its parent Canadian company CGI. They have been used by our government for over 30 years. I would prefer a US based union company also to do the website but it was a Sebelius decision from what I can read so far. I'm anxiously awaiting her congressional testimony next week. I'm not confident we have a "gun registry" now but with my CHL and gun purchases the last 50 years from retail stores I'm sure it would be quite easy to acquire one. I'm sorry but I do agree with a universal background check on ALL gun purchases. It would not threaten my 2nd amendment rights and may weed out irresponsible people keeping guns such as the Utah parents of the 12year old kid bringing his parents weapon to school yesterday and killing a former USMC teacher.
      "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Not so sure universal background checks has anything to do with stupid people purchasing guns.
        TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Crazy people don't buy guns from shops that require background checks.
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Any transaction by anyone needs registration and back ground checks. May take a while to weed out thugs but it would surely help. A required safety course would also be nice before a purchase also by anyone. Kinda like the CHL requirements. Its easy to get Tannerite also.
            "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Working...
            X