No earned income tax allowed for illegals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No earned income tax allowed for illegals

I saw a little broadcast that said there's the mandate trying to be passed about not letting illegals in the country using earned income tax credit for their children I totally agree with this. Why should there be tax breaks for people that are not supposed to be in the country to begin with?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

How can you file income taxes when you're paid in cash? Lmao.

Comment

Q: Does the IRS pay billions in tax refunds to workers who are in the U.S. illegally? A: Yes. The Treasury Department’s Inspector General determined that $4.2 billion was paid in 2010, up from less than $1 billion in 2005. Leading Democrats are resisting a bill that would stop future payments. FULL QUESTION Is this true? Subject: Indianapolis TV … Channel 13, WTHR – Tax Loophole for Illegals Contact your Congressperson and Senator and ASK THEM why this is being tolerated!

Tax Credits for Illegal Immigrants

• Posted on May 11, 2012

Q: Does the IRS pay billions in tax refunds to workers who are in the U.S. illegally?
      A: Yes. The Treasury Department’s Inspector General determined that $4.2 billion was paid in 2010, up from less than $1 billion in 2005. Leading Democrats are resisting a bill that would stop future payments.
      FULL QUESTION
      Is this true?
      Subject: Indianapolis TV … Channel 13, WTHR – Tax Loophole for Illegals
      Contact your Congressperson and Senator and ASK THEM why this is being tolerated!
      You may not read my political email ……. But you
      Really should read this one. This tax loophole dips
      Right into YOUR pocket defrauding you ….. The
      Honest taxpayer.

YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS, but it is true!!
      Watch the newscast video and stay calm!
      http://www.wthr.com/video?clipId=7054149&autostart=true
      Please pass this on to other honest tax payers!!
      FULL ANSWER
      This is a rare case of an Internet rumor with some substance to it. In fact, it’s shaping up as a major dogfight in Congress. At issue here are the federal child tax credits that can be claimed by persons with dependent children under age 17. Some Democrats are already defending these child tax credit payments that have gone to those without a valid Social Security number, accusing Republicans who want to end them of a heartless attack on children.
      Several different versions of this viral email all cite a recent investigative story by an Indianapolis television station, but WTHR-TV is far from the first to notice. The Washington Post and others reported on this last year when the Treasury Department’s inspector general for tax administration issued a report on July 7, 2011.
      The title of the report summed up the IG’s finding: “Individuals Who Are Not Authorized to Work in the United States Were Paid $4.2 Billion in Refundable Credits.”
      The credits currently amount to $1,000 per child, and they are “refundable,” meaning that parents may receive refunds even when they do not owe any tax.
      The IG report stated that more than 2.3 million persons who did not have Social Security numbers valid for working in the U.S. got an average of roughly $1,800 each in 2010 in child tax credit refunds. That included 9,000 illegal immigrants who each got a total of $10,000 or more by retroactively claiming credits for tax years prior to 2010.
      How This Happened
      Here we should explain that the IRS routinely seeks to collect both federal income taxes and federal payroll taxes from illegal immigrants, who are required to pay regardless of their immigration status. Because such workers don’t qualify for a valid Social Security number, the IRS issues a nine-digit Individual Taxpayer Identification Number. An ITIN doesn’t authorize the user to work legally in the U.S., and doesn’t entitle him or her to Social Security benefits.
      But in addition to collecting taxes, the IRS has increasingly been making payments to low-income workers who pay no federal income tax but qualify for “refundable” credits. Generally, illegal immigrants don’t qualify for Social Security, Medicare or other federal benefits, except for emergency medical treatment in hospitals. And since passage of the 1996 welfare reform law, they have been ineligible for the refundable portion of the Earned Income Tax Credit as well.
      At that time, Congress required that a valid Social Security number be filed for those claiming the EITC, and that requirement saved an estimated $300 million a year. But Congress did not enact a similar requirement when it created the child tax credit, which went into effect in tax year 1998 at $400 per child, and was increased to $500 the following year.
      Initially the credit wasn’t refundable in most cases (only for families who had three or more children and who also met certain income tests). So the issue of illegal workers claiming credits did not arise at first. But the 2001 Bush tax cuts made more parents eligible for refundable credits, and increased the amount in steps to $1,000 per child.
      So by 2005, the recent IG report said, 796,000 persons without valid Social Security numbers claimed refundable child credits totaling $924 million, and in 2008, these claims had risen to 1,526,276 persons claiming $2.1 billion in refunds.
      Finally, President Obama’s 2009 stimulus measure made temporary changes that had the effect of allowing more parents to claim the refundable credits, or claim greater amounts. And the total grew the following year to the $4.2 billion cited by the IG. Those “temporary” changes now have been extended at least through 2012 by the bill Obama signed in December 2010, which also extended the Bush tax cuts and enacted additional economic stimulus measures including a reduction in federal payroll taxes.
      What’s to Be Done?
      Release of the IG report last year sparked a Republican effort to stop the payments, and an emotional opposition to that effort from Democrats. They argue that the beneficiaries of the credits are in effect the U.S.-born children of the low-income parents who claim the credits.
      The effort to stop the payments is also opposed by the National Council of La Raza. In a statement issued in January, it said: “More than 4 million Latino children and their families would face greater hunger, poverty, and other severe hardships if this proposal is enacted.”
      Nevertheless, a House bill by Texas Republican Sam Johnson (H.R. 1956) had collected 60 GOP cosponsors as of May 10. It would require that at least one parent file a valid Social Security number to collect a refundable child tax credit. A similar provision reached the House Ways and Means Committee April 18. Committee members approved it by a party-line vote of 22 to 12, with only Republicans voting for and only Democrats voting against it.

"Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
      boom

Comment

Yep. They come here illegally, claim 10-15 dependents and since the so-called dependents don't have SSNs (because they aint US citizens), they get back much more than they paid in. Even the IRS has stated this is a problem.

For the folks that don't understand:

Gilbert Ramirez claims he has a wife and 11 kids in Mexico, under current tax guidelines, he files a tax return as an illegal as required by the Tax Code of 1986, as amended, he provides no info other than a name of each 'dependent' (which could include his dog and burro) and Gilbert is 21 years old with the wife and 11 kids-in other words, bullchip. Gilbert claims child tax CREDITS for his 'family' and although he only paid in $10,000 in taxes, he gets back $23,000 in taxes. Remember, a Tax Credit is for every dollar of tax credit, you deduct a dollar off your taxes, whereas a tax deduction is equal to about 20% for every dollar, so Gilbert is ripping the IRS a new one-and all apparently "legally" since no one at IRS investigates illegals!! The IRS does not send agents to Ciudad Victoria to verify Gilbert's filing of 11 dependents, nor do any of Gilbert's 'dependents' have a SSN, so in reality Gilbert has no wife and kids and makes money off filing his taxes as an illegal alien.

Gee, it's good to be an illegal alien in the US, you get paid by our gummint for filing your taxes, free health care (ER Rooms), subsidized housing (look at Obama's Auntie Onyango where she even got paid disability and Section 8 Housing while under deportation orders), even a free phone. One farged up tax law-and the worst part is DEMOCRATS DEFEND THIS RIPOFF!!!! JUST GD STUPID!!!
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

This Democrat doesn't. That's why it's hard herding donkeys.

Comment

I don't either! I do, however, enjoy that social security check each month that they are paying into and that they will never get any benefit from.
            Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
            "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Termo View Post
              I don't either! I do, however, enjoy that social security check each month that they are paying into and that they will never get any benefit from.
              I agree Termo, but when they file the Child Tax Credit, they get way more than they paid in-and that includes SSI, sadly. It would be a simple fix-"no dependents can be claimed if an illegal alien"-Purdy dang simple fix-one even I could write!!
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

You write it Jerry and I'll sign it!
                Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Yeah, most democrats are cool with anything as long as they get their money. Country, economy, company, future generations and the rest be damned. Locust. Look at Detroit and Chicago.
                  "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
                  boom

Comment

Well guys its a real mess. Mow don't get me wrong I rarely discuss politics with very few. I'm of the belief...... that no there are so many unfair issues that Americans must have to deal with when it comes ro this issue and many many more. I try and look at both sides of the arguments and try and base my responses as not just an American who has served my country in foreign lands being the first line of defense to protect all Americans rights. I now , try to see not only what is right but what is morally right. I believe that No Human Being should ever go hungry, should never go without care from health, should have the opportunity to better yourself. But put g he work in too. I've been blessed in my life but wasn't always so. I've seen what happens first hand when. Human beings loose their humanity. If your cold let me warm you, if your hungry, let me feed you, if your afraid or hurting, let me comfort you. These are things that make me who I am. I try to look past my personal impact as best I can and try to be the human God wants me to be

Comment

Originally posted by Termo View Post
                      You write it Jerry and I'll sign it!
                      Hear ye all, before the Populace, is a Bipartisan Amendment to the Internal Revenue Code of 1986-we can call it "The Affordable to US Citizens for Once where US Citizens are not being rear-screwed by Illegals Act". To wit:

"No Illegal Alien is allowed to declare any dependent or child when filing their U.S. Income Taxes."

Signed,
                      Robalo and Termo

Now if we can get the Senate to agree, you know, Reid the Moron of all Morons, and then Comrade Obama to sign, it's taken care of-Pretty dang simple and a conservative and a democrat agreed!!

Comment

Congress is barking up the wrong tree as usual. In 2010 alone, undocumented workers paid in 8.7 Billion into the Earnings suspense file of Social Security and 2 Billion into the Medicare fund. None of these workers will ever see any of these earnings.

The true Locusts in the system are the 1% riding their low low tax brackets while the middleclass hump the rest. The rich use that cloak and blame and point fingers at the rest of us. I feel sorry for the undocumented workers and damn sure do not for the rich who the undocumented are working for and exploited constantly. Bark up their tree for a change.
                        Its time for Congress to do something about immigration.

Time to go fishing as the weather is clearing and getting warmer.
                        "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

That's what I'm talking about. Let's go fishing. Speaking of fishing off subject I'm thinking about doing that trout tournament this next weekend of the 21st and I'm short two teammates . You guys don't know anybody interested in doing this with me do you ?

Comment

Originally posted by mgstei1 View Post
                            Congress is barking up the wrong tree as usual. In 2010 alone, undocumented workers paid in 8.7 Billion into the Earnings suspense file of Social Security and 2 Billion into the Medicare fund. None of these workers will ever see any of these earnings.

The true Locusts in the system are the 1% riding their low low tax brackets while the middleclass hump the rest. The rich use that cloak and blame and point fingers at the rest of us. I feel sorry for the undocumented workers and damn sure do not for the rich who the undocumented are working for and exploited constantly. Bark up their tree for a change.
                            Its time for Congress to do something about immigration.

Time to go fishing as the weather is clearing and getting warmer.

PURE BS. Add the extra cost of ER visits, welfare, housing, prison, deportation, border costs, MURDERS, trafficanos de drogas, education, social services, courts, police, language, human trafficking and you FAR exceed your skewed article-sheeit, you didn't even cite the crap by FAIR in the article-and add the $2.4 billion they get from the IRS for false filings. Take your BS somewhere else-like China. Plus, you being a Unionist, you are failing your Union in defending the allowance of scab workers taking Union Jobs-hypocrite.

How many Union Carpenters are framers nowadays-almost NONE!!!! Why-because cheap, illegal alien labor replaced them-I bet your house was framed and roofed by scabs. I aint seen any houses fall apart lately because some scab worker drove a nail versus a non-scab Union worker-same quality of work IMO based on EXPERIENCE!! I was only allowed to pull nails, my UNION Carpenter could drive nails-some highly damn trained skill to hammer a nail-NOT!!

Comment

Who hires them ? AMERICANS. The unions are making a huge mistake and not offering them apprenticeships and safety training.
                              Right to fire state, Texas, uses tons of non union JOAT people hired out by rich Americans who think they are so patriotic and liberty gun ho and swear they uphold the constitution when in reality they are hurting more than helping paying low wages and exploiting workers. If they could get slaves they would. My take is if you work for a living than be organized. If someone is not than they hurt ALL workers.
                              By the way, when you gonna change that Benghazi lie at the bottom of your posts ?
                              "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Working...
                              X