More failed policies in "Chiraq"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More failed policies in "Chiraq"

This Easter weekend, 45 people were shot in the city that’s come to be known as ‘Chiraq.’ And until Obama can get the guns off the streets of his hometown, the bloodshed won’t stop.

How Chicago Became ‘Chiraq’

President Obama may have gotten our troops out of Iraq, but the gunfire in his hometown of Chicago is still earning it a searing nickname coined by young people who live there.

Chiraq.

On Easter weekend, 45 people were shot in the city, six of them children.
    Five youngsters under the age of 15—four girls and a boy—were shot in a playground where they had gone after Easter services at a nearby church.
    Witnesses agree that a car pulled up and one of the occupants asked the youngsters if they were in a gang. There is some dispute about whether the youngsters even got a chance to say no before the people in the car started shooting.
    The most seriously wounded, 11-year-old Tymisha Washington, was listed in critical condition with multiple gunshot wounds. She is expected to survive.

“Prayers Going Up Blessings Coming Down,” read a posting on her aunt’s Facebook page.
    A Facebook argument had apparently sparked a completely unrelated shooting at the start of the weekend. Best friends Jordan Means, 16, and Anthony Bankhead, 18, got into the online spat with a man in his 30s. The man is said to have followed his final post by appearing in the flesh and shooting the two teens to death.

Two other men were fatally shot later in the weekend as they sat in a car that was also occupied by two kids, ages 3 and 7. The children were physically unharmed but no doubt will join those who are as mentally scarred by living in Chicago as were some combat veterans who returned from the war in Iraq.
    And this bloody Easter weekend was preceded by a weekend in which 37 people were shot, four of them fatally. FBI Director James Comey happened to be in Chicago the following Monday, and he ascribed much of the violence to the gang culture so deeply ingrained in the city. But Comey had little to say about what Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy recognizes as the core problem.
    “Until we do something about guns, don’t expect things to change overnight,” McCarthy said at a press conference that same day.
    McCarthy noted that Chicago cops have seized 1,500 illegal guns so far this year, but the people caught with the weapons are all too often back on the street all too soon.

“It’s like running on a hamster wheel,” McCarthy said of the effort to grapple with the problem. “We’re drinking from a fire hose, seizing these guns, and people are back out on the street. They’re not learning that carrying a firearm is going to have a serious impact on their lives.”
    McCarthy invoked the memory of Hadiya Pendleton, the 15-year-old who was killed by a stray round in 2013, just days after performing at Obama’s second inauguration. McCarthy noted that her suspected killer had been at liberty despite having been convicted of illegal gun possession just two months before.

bla bla bla

I feel sorry for the kids. Sorry schools, no hope of a job, nothing to do but community organize and gangbang.

"Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
    boom

If Obama was still there, it'd be like Oz-all nice and purdy (except his patient dumping wife would still be killing patients).
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Chiraq aint even in the top 10 deadliest cities in the US. "Bla Bla Bla Blame Obama" is now famously shouted by the loser GOPers for all ills and nastys in our country when our Congress of No wants another vote on repeal of the ACA. I'm waiting and listening for the cures and other choices by the GOP for their visions for our country other than going back to Beaver Cleaver days. Aint there other than to blame the progressives trying to help Americans.
      Thanks for the complement for Obama Boom about getting the troops outa Iraq. Your're coming around.
      "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Uh, Boom didn't say Oblowme got our troops outta Iraq, Yahoo/MSN/AP did and that's as true as your health insurance will go down by $2500/year for a family of four, as well as many other untruths/lies/BS by Oblowme. I am pretty darn sure we have a sheetload of troops still there and being killed-but as I recall, The Chief Liar Obama said in 2008 he'd have em home in less than 4 years-another freaking lie by a POS that should be in prison for all his BS.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by mgstei1 View Post
          Chiraq aint even in the top 10 deadliest cities in the US.
          That's because there is hardly anyone left in Chicago. lmao. I guess that you are cool with all of the children getting shot in the park, after all they have 0bamacare now, right?

Since you brought it up, here are the top 10 most dangerous cities. Care to guess what they all have in common?

Population: 262,484Violent crime rate: 1,238 per 100,000 residentsBuffalo's crime rate has fallen steadily since the 1990s, along with the rest of the country, but with 30% of its residents below the poverty level, police are having difficulty driving the rate lower. Intensified gang sweeps helped reduce Buffalo's murder rate to its lowest level in a decade last year.
          boom

Comment

There are no combat troops still in Iraq. 100 still at embassy.
            "President Obama may have gotten our troops out of Iraq". Sounds pretty definite on Booms 1st sentence.
            Keep on ranting and raving Robby !
            I gotta head to Lutes
            "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Oh, he got the troops out of Iraq, and I don't blame you for focusing on that instead of all of the other mentioned miserable failures.
              boom

Comment

Working...
              X