Lousy March Employment & Growth Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lousy March Employment & Growth Numbers

Obama can spin it any way he wants, but the reality is growth has been revised to ZERO by the Fed, and black unemployment is 10.1% with a record 93,175,000. Americans not working......and the ***clowns are still blaming Republicans.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Republicans have been in control of congress long enough to vote on a jobs bill. Instead they worry about what a woman should do with her uterus and keeping gays out of restaurants. Meanwhile the infrastructure crumbles and china is passing our asses in everything from high speed rail to out educating our kids. Course they'll at least lose the senate come 2016.

Comment

Reagan had carter's unemployment mess straighten out one year before the end of his first term. No excuses.
      "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
      boom

Comment

Oh yeah.....a jobs bill would make everything good. Dirty republicans.

Wait till you start filing your income taxes and see what a difference obamcare makes! And then multiply the agony again next year, and the year after, and the year after that and so on...

Comment

I don't blame you for making up stupid chit about the new Republican majority. After all, otherwise you'd have to face the fact that you voted for the worst President ever.....twice! LMAO
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Maybe start CETA again. It was such a success during the Carter term; second worse president ever.
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Alright guys, I don't get into politics. I hate Obama.
              This will be my first political post and hopefully my last.
              But I see (2) things wrong with this thread.

First you can't make a big deal about One Months Report. Lets wait and see what next month says. ( It works for both Parties)

Next is the claim by Boom.

I had bad memories of Reagan's early years as far as employment, so I checked.
              ( Sorry Boom, not coming after you)
              Employment numbers didn't become respectable till 1985.

Here's the link to the US Bureau of Labor. Plug in the years you wish to look at.

Unemployment Numbers don't always have to do with which political party controls the White House.
              There are to many other factors involved. Banks, Federal Reserve policy ect.
              I'll duck my head for cover now...lol

Reagan took office in Jan 1981....

U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey

7.5 7.6 7.4 7.2 7.0 7.2 6.9 7.0 6.8 6.8 6.8 6.4
              6.4 6.3 6.3 6.1 6.0 5.9 6.2 5.9 6.0 5.8 5.9 6.0
              5.9 5.9 5.8 5.8 5.6 5.7 5.7 6.0 5.9 6.0 5.9 6.0
              6.3 6.3 6.3 6.9 7.5 7.6 7.8 7.7 7.5 7.5 7.5 7.2
              7.5 7.4 7.4 7.2 7.5 7.5 7.2 7.4 7.6 7.9 8.3 8.5
              8.6 8.9 9.0 9.3 9.4 9.6 9.8 9.8 10.1 10.4 10.8 10.8

Comment

Lol, don't confuse anyone with facts. I got caught up in that Reagan economic revolution and had to drive to the Wadsworth nuke to survive those days. If Nancy hadn't become the shadow pres. the last 3 years we wouldn't have had pappy bush, the second worse president in modern history, followed only by dub-ya, is was the worst. I don't even need to start on that. LMAO!

Comment

Sorry, Here is the link that should work:

Comment

Sorry root, I was in a hunting blind and not concentrated on my research. I missed the unemployment turnaround by a few months. I guess that he was busy with the hostages, interest rates, economy, etc that carter left behind. I can't recall a single time in Reagan's 8 years of presidency of him blaming carter once.

Here are a few more facts for Dirty Harry. While you had to drive an hour to your overpaid union job I was driving 30 minutes to a job that paid me 1600. Gross per month under carter. Not once did I blame carter and I am grateful to have had the job to provide the skills that I use to this day.
                    boom

Comment

I think statistics being generated NOW are obviously more relevant than what happened 30 years ago, and if it was just one time numbers were revised down you might have a point, but it's almost every month and every quarter. The way the unemployment rate of 5.5% is arrived at is bogus as well.
                      And for you poor souls that think another jobs program is a good idea, here's a fact. Private sector jobs are created by increased demand for goods or services.
                      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Among the unemployed, the number of new entrants decreased by 157,000 in March and is
                        down by 342,000 over the year. Unemployed new entrants are those who never previously
                        worked. (See table A-11.)

The number of long-term unemployed (those jobless for 27 weeks or more) was little
                        changed at 2.6 million in March. These individuals accounted for 29.8 percent of the
                        unemployed. Over the past 12 months, the number of long-term unemployed has declined
                        by 1.1 million. (See table A-12.)

The civilian labor force participation rate was little changed at 62.7 percent in
                        March. Since April 2014, the participation rate has remained within a narrow range
                        of 62.7 percent to 62.9 percent. In March, the employment-population ratio was 59.3
                        percent for the third consecutive month. (See table A-1.)
                        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                          I think statistics being generated NOW are obviously more relevant than what happened 30 years ago, and if it was just one time numbers were revised down you might have a point, but it's almost every month and every quarter. The way the unemployment rate of 5.5% is arrived at is bogus as well.
                          And for you poor souls that think another jobs program is a good idea, here's a fact. Private sector jobs are created by increased demand for goods or services.
                          Same problem different decade and what has worked in the past will work now. Lower taxes, decrease the size of government and reduce over regulation and the jobs will come.
                          boom

Comment

"Lower taxes, decrease the size of government (and thus reduce spending) and reduce over regulation and the jobs will come."

Obama's EPA presidential memorandum will do exactly the OPPOSITE of the above. He's signed 33% more in his six years than GW did in eight. It's governing by decree.
                            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Regarding worst POTUS ever-Carter and Obama go down as #1 and #2. Regarding numbers, Obama changed the way unemployment was 'calculated' so his propaganda sounded much better than reality. Obama is nothing but a lying POS and that is a fact. Hope MG enjoys his taxes this April 15. I just paid for 15 or more welfare mommas and their worthless, oughta be dead "Baby Daddies". Nothing beats rewarding those that steal from you.
                              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                              X