Misleading Graph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misleading Graph

I was reading this morning, and decided to look up crime statistics of illegal aliens in the US. I ran into another Huff article, with a misleading graph (although pretty funny in the naive, or more likely, disingenuous author's attempt).

It is a graph with basically two lines creating an X . The lower left to upper right line shows the steep growth of the illegal population in the US. The other line, upper left to lower right, shows the downward slope of homicides in the US.

So there you have it....proof!

[B] There's just one problem, it doesn't include a very important piece of information, the PERCENTAGE of those murders committed by illegal aliens. You see the lines on the graph used have no correlation./B]
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Outa the same article from 2014!!

"Several studies indicate, however, that immigrants -- both documented and undocumented -- are less likely than U.S. citizens to commit crimes. Furthermore, fears of illegal immigration fueling a rise in the homicide rate are simply unfounded."

Whats your point again ? I try to stay with you but please ask JT about a magicians job in Vegas. You are well qualified.
    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Trump for president rhetoric. He's gonna be a lot of fun!

Comment

The point is that illegals are killing American citizens daily, usually in wrecks due to their drunk driving, or stabbing, shooting, strangling.
        If ONE American dies at the hands of someone criminally violating our law, it is one too many. Unfortunately it's thousands each year.
        Why, because the federal government refuses to enforce our laws,in fact the current administration just ignores enforcement for purely political reasons, at the expense of American lives.
        BTW "several studies" does mean crap.
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I'm not responsible for your lack of comprehension.
          "Studies" don't cut it.
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

MG: Tell that to Steinle's Family-especially when she was shot in the back by a 7 time felon with 5 deportations and an ICE hold on him but the typical Libs let him run free. Jerry Brown should have been on that Pier in S.F. and be the dead person, not Miss Steinle. It'll take someone with political ties to be shot and murdered before our POS Liberal Federal Gummint takes action. Your position is like a seive-it just doesn't hold water. Open up the Borders and let everyone in-I'd agree to that if they moved next to you and your family-then let's see your position on immigration.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
            X