Climate Change And Taxes: A Sacrament of the Liberal Left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Climate Change And Taxes: A Sacrament of the Liberal Left

I have a theory about global warming. Since my generation is on the back nine of life, and being so self-absorbed that we can't imagine a world without us, which I call the "arrogance of being here". We have decided that the earth has to end too. I also think that grant sponsored weather science is suspect at best, and has on several occasions been proven an actual fraud, but like everything else, I'm interested in the debate so I read a lot.

I also pay attention to language, like "climate deniers". Notice it's not "science skeptics". Why deniers?
    Global warming is part of the left's religious belief, so deniers fits in a quasi-religious way, like deniers of Christ, and put's skeptics in a negative light.

I saw this and thought it was interesting for a couple of reasons.

A broad-based carbon tax has far more support among academic economists and think-tankers than politicians.(Not supported by the American people) But despite its political problems, such a levy has important benefits. Reducing demand for carbon fuels by directly raising their price is simpler and far more efficient than regulatory curbs. Some of the revenue generated by such a tax could be used to cushion the economic blow suffered by low-income households (Another transfer of wealth scheme)as well as coal mining communities. Extra revenue could be used to reduce individual or payroll tax rates, help finance corporate tax reform, or trim the budget deficit. (Anyone that believes that would happen is an idiot)
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Climate Change And Taxes: A Sacrament of the Liberal Left

Spot on Kenny. Yes the climate changes, (it always has).Yes we can get better about emissions, (we are miles ahead of the rest of the world). But to tax businesses to the point of extinction and then put the children that can't balance a checkbook in charge of spending the money is absurd. Just like every other conversation with the left, when they have lost the argument we become "deniers, racists, gun toting Bible thumpers, and flat earthers". The difference between them and us is that we now how to work and create wealth and jobs and they know how to spend other people's money.

In the end it's just about squiring other people's money to buy more votes.
    Last edited by boom; November 15, 2015, 08:40 AM.
    "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
    boom

Comment

Carbon tax would make more business go over seas…. Another tax scheme
      Fishwhisperer

Comment

It would cost a fortune and thousands of jobs to A/C the red states, and of course heating oil is subsidized in the blue NE.
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Hey Kenny...also according to Bernie climate change is why we have terrorists...you KNOW that is when they take it too far
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, Islam is a medieval autocratic political system masquerading as a religion.
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

As I recall in my old age, first it was the world is cooling, now it's warming. But we know one thing for certain, Obama is a complete farking liar and so is Hellary-warming, maybe yes, but due to the hot air spewed by those POS liars. Plus, just like any tragedy, the Dems can never miss a good opportunity to create a tax 'for the benefit of the ______.' Fill in the blank by choosing a-e below:

a. Poor
              b. Future generations
              c. World
              d. having the USA be a role model to Third World Countries that have no emission policies
              e. payola I will make from this, said Al Gore

It's just another bait and switch from real issues-the typical Democrat way to sucker the dumb, stupid and ignorant.

How'd you like Obama 'backing' the UM racists? He once again proved he is nothing but a farking bigot and causes more hate and divisiveness instead of calming a few radical hate groups (#BLM, now better known aas #Black LIES Matter). "the KKK is throwing bricks through Dorm Windows" and Payton Head "I'm working with the UMPD, State Police and National Guard on Campus"-yeah, sure you are, lying POS race-baiter.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                the typical Democrat way to sucker the dumb, stupid and ignorant.

An unfortunately, thats been the majority of the last 2 elections

Comment

Even a 2 C rise as targeted by the UN would submerge land currently occupied by 280 million people, according to Climate Central, a US-based research group. The change could take a few hundred years, or up to 2,000 years.

That right there is pretty exacting scientific proof that they have no ****** idea!
                  "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                    Even a 2 C rise as targeted by the UN would submerge land currently occupied by 280 million people, according to Climate Central, a US-based research group. The change could take a few hundred years, or up to 2,000 years.

That right there is pretty exacting scientific proof that they have no ****** idea!
                    Shush Kenny or a Libtard's haid will splode and shiit will be all over the place-that's why they are called Shifforbrains.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                    X