Heisman is now Bullchip Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heisman is now Bullchip Award

First off, for the Heisman voters to ignore Case Keenum was idiotic. He broke many NCAA records, is a Class Act and should have been included in the Top 5. To put "Honey Badger" Matthieu in is an insult-he was suspended for drug violation and IMO is a blackeye (again) on the Heisman.

I think it is a horrible injustice to Case and also a complete injustice to ALL NCAA Football players to allow a drug abuser to be eligible for the Heisman Trophy. What kind of message does that send to your kids? "Son it's ok to abuse drugs because you can still win a Heisman Trophy." BS.

"Honey Badger" is not a good or even half-assed example for today's kids trying their darnest to compete. It flies in the face of "Integrity" which is one of the requirements for being a Heisman Candidate. WTF are the Heisman Voters' smoking-Honey Badger's Train Wreck Hydro Ganja? Makes a joke out of the whole trophy!!! What a crock o sheeet!

Stick it up yur azzes Heisman Voters-right next to your crack coke.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

I can't argue with you on that. Would have at least liked to seen him get nominated.
    I have an uncontrolable desire to wanna jerk my rod.

Comment

you gonna pizz coachlaw off if you're not careful talking about Honey Badger.

The Heisman was starting to become a joke when they shafted Peyton Manning and gave it to the Michigan db. And they cant give it to a OUsucks player fast enought as long as they dont loose more than 1 or 2 games...(See 2009 when they fvvcced Colt McCoy out of it.)

And to not even INVITE Case up there is bullchit....but then again, they may not have wanted him running into Sumlin who was there last night w/ a bunch of aggys.

Comment

I would not have Matthieu in there either...I would have to say that it would be a good arguement between Weeden and Keenum where Weeden had a better passer rating against a MUCH MUCH better schedule (Big XII vs Conf USA). Throwing for 5000+ yards and 43 TD should stand on it's own but again I really think that the voters (not just the press) do not think that Conf USA play is worthy of it. That being said...had UH WON THE GAME last week it is MY bet that you would seen Case here. He had one chance to show the nation what he can do and came up short...that is in the end why I think he is not there...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
          you gonna pizz coachlaw off if you're not careful talking about Honey Badger.

The Heisman was starting to become a joke when they shafted Peyton Manning and gave it to the Michigan db. And they cant give it to a OUsucks player fast enought as long as they dont loose more than 1 or 2 games...(See 2009 when they fvvcced Colt McCoy out of it.)

And to not even INVITE Case up there is bullchit....but then again, they may not have wanted him running into Sumlin who was there last night w/ a bunch of aggys.

wurd!

Comment

I think its been a bullsh^% award for a while...seems like it only goes to a player at a big school who can afford a major media campaign that started at the end of last years college football season....I know that a few smaller school kids get nomimated but not many ever win it anymore....The OUs, UTs, USCs, Ohio State, LSUs etc...seem to be the only type of schools that ever have the media machines in place to get someone the Heisman....(imo) And I agree Case should have at least made it to the dance! I guess if RG III wins I'll have to eat those words, he had the big game against UT this past weekend...but I think it will go to Luck or Richardson.

Comment

I was p!ssed off this morning when I saw that he wasn't a finalist. I think RGIII is deserving of the Heisman, but Keenum deserves to be there in New York.

Comment

and Sumlin would be putting himself in a horrible situation by going to A&M...there's a pack of rabid dogs waiting over there in the SEC. The Aggies will probably end up firing Sumlin in 3-4 years because they are still going to be mediocre.

Such a disappointing end to a great season for the Coogs

Comment

The impact of one loss is staggering, but that is what you get for playing in a small conference.

Comment

That is why I actually like the BCS though. Every game has relevance, while not subjecting the players to a higher risk of injury from an increased game count of an actual playoff system.

Comment

I hated seeing the Coogs go down, but it was simply a case of getting waffle stomped by an opponent. Whether Southern Miss is really better, the Coogs were over-confident, or whatever the reason, I saw a team that didn't want it as much as the other team.

JT's bein' cute pretending I like LSU.

Fact is, I despise LSU. Therefore I'm very biased when it comes to Tyrann Mattieu. The kid is good, but he's like school in the Summer, NO CLASS. Speaking of, does he even go to classes? Well, that's another battle.
                      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

seem to be the only type of schools that ever have the media machines
                        They choose to invest in media. With the free exposure available via social media , I place responsibility on the students to make your team relevant. Doesn't take the marketing team. That and not loosing a conference championship to an underdog, in your own house by double digits....

Comment

Originally posted by Tidalguide View Post
                          That is why I actually like the BCS though. Every game has relevance, while not subjecting the players to a higher risk of injury from an increased game count of an actual playoff system.
                          A higher risk of injury? Why don't they just tell them not to practice too for a risk of injury and just show up for game day. Come on every player knows what their subjecting them selves to. The system needs a revamping something fierce. Just think abouts a play off system. Thats more games we can gamble on.
                          I have an uncontrolable desire to wanna jerk my rod.

Comment

I really think less is more in football both NFL and College. Every player understands injury risks, but for kids who are by enlarge not getting paid, give them a chance to save their bodies for the pro's. It is proven that coaches, even the good ones, ride what they can to victory. (Can you tell I didn't like my football coach??) I think scheduling and conferences are the problem. I would divide teams into divisions, and take scheduling out of their hands, make it computer generated. Leave 2 games for choice. (Homecoming+1).

Comment

lets just move it all to flag football

Comment

Working...
                              X