New Orleans Bowl! Roll Wave!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Orleans Bowl! Roll Wave!

My keester will be in the DOME for the last Tulane game ever at the venue. Roll Wave! Beat dem Cajuns!
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Can tell you're pumped . Uhave a great time .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Have a good time!!

Comment

Tulane better pick it up.., those Cajuns are doing pretty good. Come on Green Wave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Coach, you must have fired them up.., 2 TD's in the last 2 minutes. Go Tulane!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tulane really mismanaged the last 2 minutes. Really thought they would pull through. Rats.
            "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

All I can say is DRAT! It was really special to take my dad to the game. I pushed him around in his wheelchair and we passed a good time AFTER the first half. Can't believe Santos missed that field goal. Powell had a gutsy game, but he's just not very good. Montana was terrible. Tulane would have been up 24-17 at the end of regulation if not for that double telegraphed pick 6. He's just not even a shadow of his father. The defense really came to play after the first half.

Dad and I sat there after the game and waited for the place to empty out. We went over all the great times we'd had there, and some pretty bad ones too. Saints games, high school games, Breakers games (remember the USFL?), and every Tulane game from the age of 4 through 26. We said goodbye to the Dome. Next year, we'll be there to welcome the new Tulane Stadium. Gives me chills just to say that.

On our way out, we took in the statue of Steve Gleason blocking the punt against the Falcons. That moment was a re-birth for the Saints, and tonight though not victorious, I think it signified a re-birth of Tulane football. To have the season they did and even make a bowl game after what they've been like for the last 10 years, was nothing short of miraculous.
              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Wishful thinking on the rebirth of Tulane football. But faith does go a very long way in life so you never know. Great to hear you an pops had a great time Sandy.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
                I have an uncontrolable desire to wanna jerk my rod.

Comment

Win lose or draw you got to spend done QT with pops which is better than winning.

sent from my taxpayer-funded sail phone and yes the government is tapped into my talk
                  I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Well, growing up a Tulane AND Saints fan in the 70's and 80's aside from a few glimmers, like beating LSU a few times, there was nothing more than wishful thinking. So for me, wishful thinking springs eternal. If not for also growing up a Cardinals fan, I might be in an institution now. The years 1998 (Tulane's perfect season) and 2009 (Saints Super Bowl Champs) taught me that anything is possible if you have faith, but it takes a lot of people to have that faith together. I'll always be one. If you aren't an optimist, then you might as well give up. Cubs fans, they need to give up.

Comment

Montana looks just like his old man; and their defense looked like Manny Diaz taught them how to tackle like he taught the Longhorns. Ive always liked Tulane and maybe they will build on this year.

Comment

Man, my second favorite time to be in New Orleans has ALWAYS been during Sugar Bowl. I've had some wild night's in "da Quata", but that was back in my drinking & partying days!
                        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Tulane is like Rice. Students go there for the education rather than sports. And yes, New Orleans is and always will be one of the best cities in America.

Comment

True, but Sandy said it's become tough for Tulane to compete in-state getting "student athletes" since LSU has placed such a big emphasis on academics in their sports programs, esp football.

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
                              True, but Sandy said it's become tough for Tulane to compete in-state getting "student athletes" since LSU has placed such a big emphasis on academics in their sports programs, esp football.
                              Lol. Couldn't have said it better myself. I like your insight and perspective on sports, JT. Especially football.

Comment

Working...
                              X