Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Long Pole View Post
    How is it not a "sport"?

Because it sucks. Naismith was a Canadian. Need I really say more? No, but I will. Any grace that basketball ever had in it has been bled dry by today's brand of barbarian ball. Slam dunks, skippidy doo dah no travelling calls, and zero effort defense have done a lot to ruin it. But really the thug image of many of the players themselves makes it even more repulsive to true sportsmen. Remember Sprewell? That dude turned most of my friends off of the NBA. Most still like NCAA ball, but I despise anything played indoors. I once dropped $1500 in cash on my A.D.'s desk. He had assigned me to coach basketball. So I dumped the cash on his desk and said, "Take it or fire me." Sports should be played outdoors, and on grass and dirt. Basketball sucks.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

There's plenty of D in the NBA, and I think the "skippidy do dah" stuff is equivalent to the flashy celebrations after a touchdown in the NFL. And there are just as many thugs in the NFL..

And can we add sports team owners? I hate Mark Cuban w/ a passion..What a prick!!

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
        Because it sucks. Naismith was a Canadian. Need I really say more? No, but I will. Any grace that basketball ever had in it has been bled dry by today's brand of barbarian ball. Slam dunks, skippidy doo dah no travelling calls, and zero effort defense have done a lot to ruin it. But really the thug image of many of the players themselves makes it even more repulsive to true sportsmen. Remember Sprewell? That dude turned most of my friends off of the NBA. Most still like NCAA ball, but I despise anything played indoors. I once dropped $1500 in cash on my A.D.'s desk. He had assigned me to coach basketball. So I dumped the cash on his desk and said, "Take it or fire me." Sports should be played outdoors, and on grass and dirt. Basketball sucks.

what a bunch of crying. change your tampon.

Comment

Originally posted by XtremeAngler View Post
          he's got to be on the roids. I hate what baseball has become.
          Maybe he's innocent. But he sure does raise some questions.

what makes you think he's on roids? I hate what baseball has become today also cause when you are good, first thing that comes out of someones mouth is, its the roids.

Comment

Gibbeys on roids! he is and stuff!
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

My roids come in 12oz cans.

Comment

I must have really struck a chord there Gilbert. Did I hurt your feelings?
                From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

roid rage bro.

its just funny to hear a grown man whine about what goes on in the NBA but watches the NFL where its worse. NBA=rapist(allegedly), NFL=murders(allegedly)
                  Last edited by Gilbert; November 20, 2009, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                    what makes you think he's on roids? I hate what baseball has become today also cause when you are good, first thing that comes out of someones mouth is, its the roids.

lol..uhhh because thats usually the case!!!

Comment

You almost out of roids gibbey,i will make a run to mexico for ya.
                      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

basketball def. isnt my first choice to watch but its better than sitting down and watching a soccer game, the WNBA or any of the horrible shows on TV now days..on a positive note, my favorite houston houston player from all our sports right now is Luis Scola.. dude plays his balls off everynight and he gets better every year.. love watching that guy play..
                        Boats and hoes.

Comment

I really like Luis too. I like his inside game, I get dizzy sometimes just watching that guy spin so much

Comment

Beer drinking oughta be an official sport

Why isn't beer drinking a sport? I can drink 18-20 beers without puking. Shouldn't I get some trophy for that or at least some $$?

As for "roids", I had that resolved by surgery-why don't those players with roids get surgery?
                            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I wasn't crying. He asked me a question, so I spelled it out. To say that there's more thuggery in the NFL than the NBA is a ridiculous statement in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X