Clear All

I grow mostly donnas

Comment

. Ask away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Team Waist Deep"

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
        My Garden will be tilled as soon as in dries out a little. Heres a pic of my maters!! Proofs in the pudding brotha!!
        and ray is almost 7 foot i told yall!
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by FISHINFREAK View Post
          I grow mostly donnas
          I like donnas but I have found out over the years that the "Better Boys" produce the most weigt and flavor. I did 60 plants last year and jarred 106 quarts of maters plus what I ate and gave away. I am thinking about turning up my 2nd garden and doing 100 plants this year. It just takes patience and good soil. Also a good watering system. I ind peace and serenity in m garden. You dont need a totally beatiful garden to produce. One can over think a garden. One will be amazed at what a half arse garden can produce. Anyone wanting advice let me know!
          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Oh the memories of my garden, days gone by.

Comment

I know a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
                I grow mine at Kroger.
                Problem is you will want to spit them out once you eat a good homegrown mater!! Come on post some pics!
                Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

more pics
                  Attached Files
                  Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Damn, you guys are legit. So why isn't there a gardeners group on here?

I was curious about what variety most of you have had the most luck with. I am not looking for huge 1 pounders. A 4-6 oz variety would do just fine for my household. I saw Donas mentioned earlier. That is the variety that has caught my attention from reading various local websites. My tomato plants will have to be planted in pots this year. My backyard will be going through some changes, so I can not install a garden. You got to start somewhere and I figure starting with a couple of pots wouldn't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by buoy37 View Post
                      Damn, you guys are legit. So why isn't there a gardeners group on here?

I was curious about what variety most of you have had the most luck with. I am not looking for huge 1 pounders. A 4-6 oz variety would do just fine for my household. I saw Donas mentioned earlier. That is the variety that has caught my attention from reading various local websites. My tomato plants will have to be planted in pots this year. My backyard will be going through some changes, so I can not install a garden. You got to start somewhere and I figure starting with a couple of pots wouldn't hurt.
                      better boys and maybe 1-2 sweet 100s for snacking! If you can buy a lemon boy get 2 of them they are awesome! Lke I said before I can a lot of tomatoes so be prepare to can em!!
                      Last edited by corndog; February 6, 2012, 11:15 PM.
                      Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Galveston340
                        ...I have to agree about the "Gardener's" Forum. On another site that I have helped run since 2005 we have always had an"OFF Topic" Forum where anything that isn't hack related goes. OK....before anyone thinks I am a hacker I a "white hat" hacker ...usually!

...but, it would be a nice addition to the site if there were an "Off Topic" area where we could start threads with subject matters such as this one that have nothing to do with fishing West Bay fishing related topics but would keep the members interested and talking....(THUS TRAFFIC COE!!)
                        G340,

Start a group right now! It is easy. I'll join and participate.

Make sure it has a cool name.

Comment

No. Start new a group.

http://www.fishwestend.com/forum/group.php

Comment

Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

My Dad grew some Celebrity Maters one year that were a pound. But when you buy plants you sometimes can't be sure what you are getting.
                              Beandaddy

Comment

Never realized so many gardeners were here. Santa Fe has the best soil I've found in the county. Grow some celebrity or creoles and you'll be pleased. Especially the ones that smell like a skunk when you pick them. Oooops.

Comment

Working...
                                X