No announcement yet.

Getting a new egg beater(spinning reel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a new egg beater(spinning reel)

So my question is wat is the purpose of a roller bearing in a spinning reel? I see some with 5-6 bearings and a roller bearing and I see some with 5-6 bearings with no roller bearing. Do I wanna get one with a roller bearing or without? I mostly fish with my citica but I like to have a spinning with me.

Thanks

Just bought a nice Shimano for my favorite daughter! Its a Sahara! She broke it in with anice 22inch Flatt Fish! She is pretty stoked onit, I made some casts with it and it works pretty good! Contact Chris Fisher@Fisher Angleing he can explain the beiring issue better than I can! Tightlines Mr FF.
    West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Thank u sir

Comment

I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Reef Drifter View Post
          Wat are u taking bout?

Comment

More bearings =less friction, smoother function.

Comment

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by seafox owner View Post
                x2

I like having a spinner available but I don't know why; I never use one. I guess it's kinda like the left handed monkey wrench: You never know when it might come in handy!
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Shortystillsurfs View Post
                  More bearings =less friction, smoother function.

Comment

LoL
                    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Spinning reels come in handy for higher wind conditions,theyre also easier for the kids then a baitcaster,and far more substantial then a pencil sharpener,although many fish are caught on them! with practice people get pretty good with them, Also just got back one of the Fisher modified Mettles and its really sweet,it will outcast reels Ive spent more money on hands down!
                      West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Originally posted by Reef Drifter View Post
                        Yes Deano is
                        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by Rollo View Post
                          Spinning reels come in handy for higher wind conditions,theyre also easier for the kids then a baitcaster,and far more substantial then a pencil sharpener,although many fish are caught on them! with practice people get pretty good with them, Also just got back one of the Fisher modified Mettles and its really sweet,it will outcast reels Ive spent more money on hands down!
                          I just checked out the mettle and the manic the other day they actually seem like some good reels atleast for the price! Wat do u mean by modified?

Comment

Originally posted by FISHINFREAK View Post
                            I just checked out the mettle and the manic the other day they actually seem like some good reels atleast for the price! Wat do u mean by modified?
                            Chris Fischer, a sponsor on the board, does reel cleaning and upgrading. He can put new bearings on a Mettle to make it better than before you bought it!
                            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Oh okay well i get one ill have to send it to him!

Comment

Working...
                              X