I wanna get some opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanna get some opinions

As most of u may know due to my questions on here i have an 18ft alweld that i am workin on and it really becoming a pain there is so much crap to get it on the water. So i been kind of tossing the idea of sellin it and downgrading to a runnin 14' or 15'. I want to cause im tired of wading and bank fishing but i dont cause i know itll be nice in the end. Wat would yall do? Problems are: broken bolt in lower unit, then put lower unit on to and try and start to see if there is any other problems, all the flooring to be put in, the electrical need to be reran they got it done all stupid and get the steering loose. My main thing is i dont know alot bout boat. U can see the electrical crap in the second pic.

It's a nice hull. Try to stick with it, you'll be happy in the end. If not, how much cash would it take to take it off your hands?
    "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

When it's done you'll be glad you have it...
      sigpic

Comment

Take motor to Evans, replace floor, re-do all wiring and you're done-wiring should be easy-main wires to engine, wire to navigation lights and bilge pump and that should do your electrical-you can hard wire with fuse your gps/sounder and a stereo.

Not sure why they had a spagetti bowl for wires-I'd just run the three I said above.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Why all the wires? Like Robalo said. Don't think the motor has that mny connections... Get loan, let pro do it if you're tired of DIY. Less than te cost of another boat...

Comment

Re: I wanna get some opinions

Thanks alot yall ! ! And wish i could just get a new motor or go drop the boat off and have Evans fix the motor and stuff but i only have hundred or two to play with a month due to me and the wife trying to have a kid between medical bills and savin for the kid/ next bill for the kid i just dont have alot to spend which sucks lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SCHU View Post
              Why all the wires? Like Robalo said. Don't think the motor has that mny connections... Get loan, let pro do it if you're tired of DIY. Less than te cost of another boat...
              Well i have no clue why all the wires all thats there is two running light trolling motor conection the motor itself and the tilt and trim plate.

Comment

Yeah i wouldnt sell it. I just did the floor my self on my boat. Yeah it was a pain in the arse by myself but im cheap. If i cant do something i will take it in to someone else. Rewiring is not hard, just time consuming. Good luck bud.

Comment

Hey man I'm local and pretty good with wiring, my boat needs rewired as well. Buy the stuff to wire both boats and I'll rewire that baby for you as nice as you like. I haven't priced everything yet but it's gotta be a cheaper offer then any shop.
                  When I grow up I want to be, One of the harvesters of the sea. I think before my days are done, I want to be a fisherman.

Comment

Nice gesture and deal. Boat and trailer look fine. Part out or sell the old motor and save some money for a better used one.

Comment

You can get main wiring diagrams online and clean it up immensely. Also for trim/tilt and running lights. Be patient when DIY.

Comment

Originally posted by Overkiller View Post
                        Hey man I'm local and pretty good with wiring, my boat needs rewired as well. Buy the stuff to wire both boats and I'll rewire that baby for you as nice as you like. I haven't priced everything yet but it's gotta be a cheaper offer then any shop.
                        Sounds good to me! And thanks everyone i appreciate the input tremendously i was very close to selling it last night and gettin a 12 or 14 footer but im gonna keep her for now and see if i can get her in the water soon . Thanks again

Comment

Good boat and those little Johnson will run forever. Thank God it's not the VRO system. Re-wire on that boat is simple, and especialy if you have the floor out and wire before putting the newfloor down. Def. Keep the boat IMO
                          Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
                          (AKA Evans Marine Services)
                          4340 19th St.
                          Bacliff, Texas 77518
                          http://evansmarine.net
                          http://boatwerxtx.com
                          main@boatwerxtx.com
                          281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

Originally posted by evansmarine View Post
                            Good boat and those little Johnson will run forever. Thank God it's not the VRO system. Re-wire on that boat is simple, and especialy if you have the floor out and wire before putting the newfloor down. Def. Keep the boat IMO
                            Thanks! I may end up bringing it to u well that is if i have any problems the motor is back together cause i dont know much bout them !
                            And wats a VRO system? The motor is a 78 evinrude/johnson 70hp.

Comment

Variable Ratio Oil system.
                              A LITTLE HISTORY

OMC introduced the VRO on the V-4 and V-6 engines in 1984. The pump consisted of a combination oil pump and fuel pump actuated by crankcase pulses through an air motor. Gasoline reformulation in those early years contained alcohols and solvents that softened the internal rubber components and caused pump failures and damaged engines. Back then, no company had alarm systems for a pump failure or loss of oil flow. OMC took care of the blown powerheads and improved the pumps considerably.
                              The VRO2® was introduced in 1986 and included a "NO OIL FLOW" alarm. Changes included an electronic circuit to compare the oil pulses with the engine's RPM, a better oil pump piston, alcohol resistant seals, and a brown fuel outlet for recognition. Unfortunately, the damage was done. Public perception fed by uneducated mechanics put the blame for almost every engine problem on the VRO. No matter what happened to a motor, someone would utter "...must be a bad VRO."
                              VRO OPERATION 101

Actually, the much-maligned pump is very simple and reliable. It consists of four basic sections:
                              • the air motor,
                              • a fuel pump,
                              • an oil pump, and
                              • a "NO OIL FLOW" alarm system.
                              Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
                              (AKA Evans Marine Services)
                              4340 19th St.
                              Bacliff, Texas 77518
                              http://evansmarine.net
                              http://boatwerxtx.com
                              main@boatwerxtx.com