Loose trolling motor head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose trolling motor head

Im hoping this is not a rare issue. The head (the section with the handle) of my bow mount trolling motor is loose. It has a lot of play in it. I see there are a couple of bolts that secure it to the shatft but they are tightend all the way but still the play is there. Is this normal?

Dear pieman I have a loose head on my great white 82lb motoguide.They are 26$ at gulf coast trolling motors for the plastic cowling.Mine is loose b/c I had the head turned out when putting the boat on the trailer and it hit the guide post.It still works ok but there is no way to tighten nothing b/c of the cracks in the plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by pieman View Post
      Im hoping this is not a rare issue. The head (the section with the handle) of my bow mount trolling motor is loose. It has a lot of play in it. I see there are a couple of bolts that secure it to the shatft but they are tightend all the way but still the play is there. Is this normal?
      Yes unfortunately it is. Minn Kota uses one bolt. and the wobble is inevitable if it's bow mounted. You would think that the Japanese engineers could come up with a better connection system. Maybe thread the shaft and use a big compression nut (think plumbing).
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

You should get a quick release mount and get another mounting puck for the stern so it wont get pounded on the bow of you boat.

Comment

I epoxied one on before too.
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
          X