Flood Vents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flood Vents

Where is the best place to find Flood Vents in Galveston. I need to install some in the garage on the property we bought in BV to satisfy FEMA for Flood Insurance.

I heard Ideal Lumber was a good place to start but this is all new too me.

Thanks,
    Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to make sure you make them the right size also is my limited understanding.

Where, I do not know. My neighbor's are in his door and one issue is rodents-he screened his. IMO, it is just absurd anyway-a "drain" cut in your door so water will drain out. Kinda like those doors with louvers on the bottom-like a school dorm room door or closet door. wonder what gummint azzes' brother-in-law owned that business?
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Found these for you but I have no idea what they are about. You can get them at Ideal Lumber. The wesite was saying something about the foundation, so i am not sure this is what you are looking for.

Comment

Flood Vents

Originally posted by BayPounder View Post
        Found these for you but I have no idea what they are about. You can get them at Ideal Lumber. The wesite was saying something about the foundation, so i am not sure this is what you are looking for.
        http://www.smartvent.com/
        Thanks, those are the ones I am going with..., @ $200/vent. I went by there this morning and they had them in stock. All stainless steel and are always in the closed position until water starts rising. Still a rip-off for having to install or face triple rate increase.

Comment

Just make sure you have enough square inches to cover the required minnimum for insurance purposes. I worked for a surveying company for 7 years and we did the elevation certificates all the time and they had to be less than a 1ft off the ground (bottome of vent) and had to have a certain number of square inches.

I cannot find out the exact requirements if you like. I have had to much vodka since then.

DB
          KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Just make sure you have enough square inches to cover the required minnimum for insurance purposes (looks like you already know this - now that I looked back at your first post). I worked for a surveying company for 7 years and we did the elevation certificates all the time and they had to be less than a 1ft off the ground (bottome of vent) and had to have a certain number of square inches.

I cannot find out the exact requirements if you like. I have had to much vodka since then.

DB
            KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Flood Vents

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
              Just make sure you have enough square inches to cover the required minnimum for insurance purposes (looks like you already know this - now that I looked back at your first post). I worked for a surveying company for 7 years and we did the elevation certificates all the time and they had to be less than a 1ft off the ground (bottome of vent) and had to have a certain number of square inches.

DB
              Thanks..., learned a lot in the past few days. The Smart Vent that I am going with is certified for 200 sq. in. Based on that, I need to install 2 (on opposite walls). FEMA Underwriter wants me to take a photo of at least one vent with a ruler in the shot to verify the 12" rule.

Maybe one day I will be able to get the boat down there and fish vs. messing with stuff like this.

Thanks again for all of the information.

Comment

Working...
              X