Chronarch Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronarch Question

I have been very pleased with my 6 month old Chronarch getting good distance with a 7' Castaway PRM. using popping corks and Power Pro Braid. I was getting a little more distance than my Curados each on the same exact rod. I replaced the spool bearings in the Curados with Ceramic bearings last year with no problems. Recently I put dry ceramic bearings in the Chronarch and could see a big difference when finger spinning the spool. On my first fishing trip the Chronarch would backlash on every cast which I half expected. I tried tightening the spool tension first and that did not help. I then moved two opposite weights out.(they were all in before). Yesterday while fishing I kept thinking I was not getting anywhere near my usual distance with small shrimp which usually are easier to cast for good distance. I tried one of my Curado rigs and sure enough it went much farther. I realize I need to experiment with different weight settings but would appreciate any suggestions. I am using the Mid Coast corks which I like.

B0nito

Problem Solved. Went fishing again and set one weight out instead of two and the reel great again.

Bonito

Comment

Working...
    X