468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find maps of Chocolate Bayou?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find maps of Chocolate Bayou?

Hi, I need to know Where can I find maps of Chocolate Bayou? I have a map of the Bay! But I want a map from the 2004 bridge going North! Thanks in advance!

I don't think there are any that I know of. There is no fish in the Bayou anyway, just some ladyfish and snotsharks.

Comment

try GoogleEarth. Maybe check the USGS for topos or the COE for navigation maps or the GLO mapping site????
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

They have them at Academy and FTU .

Comment

I have Hook-N-Line map#F127 which is a good map post Ike of the Bay and the Bayou. My favorites are around Buoy 43, bubble barrier, under the plant lights, and the old Perrys Bayou outfall. Lots of good deep holes with rising outcroppings for flatties are everywhere. Give me the upper part anyday than spending and wasting time drifting, birding, and churning prop shell in the bay. Plus night time is great also.
          "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

NFIC
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

All those plants dump too much who knows what beyond the bridge

Comment

Originally posted by Weldonj View Post
                Hi, I need to know Where can I find maps of Chocolate Bayou? I have a map of the Bay! But I want a map from the 2004 bridge going North! Thanks in advance!
                Not sure but I think the advice given to check "Google Maps" is dead on. If you are able to find a fishing map for sale somewhere it's not worth buying unless it shows the location north of 2004 of "Barhams Cove" as well as the infamous "Lurefisher's Cut". Hit those two spots and you can limit out on Redfish and Flounder in easy an hour!

Comment

Download Google Earth. It has old images available since before the channel was dug. Very cool!

You can run your boat up CB past Liverpool with no problem. There is a clearly marked saltwater barrier waaaaayyyyy up the bayou.

Comment

I've been eating fish from north of 2004 for 40 plus year. Snot sharks are tasty!! Has not affected me at all.
                    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
                      I've been eating fish from north of 2004 for 40 plus year. Snot sharks are tasty!! Has not affected me at all.

so that's whats wrong with you.

Comment

Originally posted by walkinwader View Post
                        All those plants dump too much who knows what beyond the bridge

speaking of plants dumping......I'm working on a project that will dump "treated sewer water" into Chocolate Bayou from the Arcola area. Its really grown and we are adding a wastewater treatment plant with a 16" discharge. Happy eating.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                          speaking of plants dumping......I'm working on a project that will dump "treated sewer water" into Chocolate Bayou from the Arcola area. Its really grown and we are adding a wastewater treatment plant with a 16" discharge. Happy eating.
                          Liar
                          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                            Liar
                            not really. it has been advertised as a public notice. no objections so now we are looking at the best way to get to chocolate bayou with the discharge pipe.

Comment

I would not eat a fish out of there. No reason to even put your boat in the water.
                              KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Working...
                              X