Fishing short stories and articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing short stories and articles

Hello All My name is Mark and I will be posting from time to time little short stories that relate to fishing for your reading pleasure. just a little hobby of mine that I like to do on those days when the wind in kicking and the waters to muddy to see. It takes some pretty bad conditions to keep me off the bay. Well I hope you enjoy. Be safe and keep on plugging.
    Attached Files

Howdy .... Good family memories .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thank You Sergeant Branard. Hope to see you out there

Comment

Look forward to the reads, Mark!
        Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
        "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Welcome. Nice trout. Lord Bless.
          robert
          And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Enjoyed the read, great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice job Mark!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Just read the article and boy, did it bring back memories! My grandmother was called nana by us grandkids too. Mine was the first to introduce me to fishing too. She would get me (5-6 years old at the time) up before dawn and we would head out to a shoreline on the west side of Moses lake with a couple of thermoses of black coffee (only time my mom would let me drink it), a box of dead shrimp and our tackle. That was before they had locked gates over the roads leading down to the water's edge. We would sit there for hours, fishing and me listening to her stories of her times as a young girl in Arkansas and Texas (she was half American Indian and half hillbilly). When I was ten or so, she took an innertube and sewed a seat in the bottom and leg holes for me to sit in and she would tie a rope to it and pull me around with her as she wade fished with my grandpa at the start of the dike in Texas City. I caught as many as they did with live shrimp under a popping cork. God, I miss that woman! Thanks again for the memory.
                Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Awesome story! Look forward to reading more!
                  Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Termo View Post
                    Just read the article and boy, did it bring back memories! My grandmother was called nana by us grandkids too. Mine was the first to introduce me to fishing too. She would get me (5-6 years old at the time) up before dawn and we would head out to a shoreline on the west side of Moses lake with a couple of thermoses of black coffee (only time my mom would let me drink it), a box of dead shrimp and our tackle. That was before they had locked gates over the roads leading down to the water's edge. We would sit there for hours, fishing and me listening to her stories of her times as a young girl in Arkansas and Texas (she was half American Indian and half hillbilly). When I was ten or so, she took an innertube and sewed a seat in the bottom and leg holes for me to sit in and she would tie a rope to it and pull me around with her as she wade fished with my grandpa at the start of the dike in Texas City. I caught as many as they did with live shrimp under a popping cork. God, I miss that woman! Thanks again for the memory.
                    nice story, homeboy. You do know that water over there.

Comment

Gosh , I'd miss her as well , TERMO . What great memories .
                      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thank You All for taking the time to give it a read

Folks Thank you all for giving my little article a read. I will be following up with different articles and I will try and pass along any advice on fishing that I can. Bless all of you and I hope all your adventures are successful and provide you with a lifetime of stories to share.

Comment

Working...
                        X