navigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• navigation

Hi I'm new to this site but have been fishing Galveston for about 25 years plus. Is it possible to navigate form the boat ramp at the base of the causeway on the south shoreline, down the south shore line and behind confederate reef to get into west bay?

Originally posted by c_hook20 View Post
    Hi I'm new to this site but have been fishing Galveston for about 25 years plus. Is it possible to navigate form the boat ramp at the base of the causeway on the south shoreline, down the south shore line and behind confederate reef to get into west bay?
    Yes you can but the easier way is to take the Old Intracoastal waterway which splits Confederates Reef. There's West Bay Shell Markers in these areas and just use dead-reckoning to get your bearing and your approach right. It's deep through this area but shoals up quick on the reef side (South side)
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

A cautious " yes " as you could find some reefs . You can head straight out to the icc and follow it to the channel markings that lead to offats bayou, following that channel then angling towards the 8 mile road shore avoiding the big shell island going into offats . Hug the south shore until you get to sportsman road . It's hard to describe .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

If you're not familiar with the area, I'd stay in the cannels 'til I got to the cut between the red/green markers leading from the ICW into West Bay-kind of just south of Tiki Island (there's only one set of them). Buy a good chart and follow the markers and you'll be safe. On low tide you can get in some real trouble if you don't know that area outside Offatts and into the bay--Confederate reef can be a prop eater.
        Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
        "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Comment

Thanks for all the reply's, I'm familiar with taking the inter-coastal to the old inter-coastal as West Bay Legend mapped out, but was hoping to learn how to make a straight shot down the south shore line. Can someone please map that route. I now my way around somewhat once I get to Confederate. Thanks in advance.

Comment

navigation

Thanks for all the reply's, I'm familiar with taking the inter-coastal to the old inter-coastal as West Bay Legend mapped out, but was hoping to learn how to make a straight shot down the south shore line. Can someone please map that route. I now my way around somewhat once I get to Confederate. Thanks in advance.
              Also years back there were a couple markers in the old inter-coastal between the new inter-coastal and confederate reef, these makers were laying on their side, if I'm not mistaking the last time I navigated this are they were gone. Are they under water hazards or have they been removed?

Comment

Also years back there were a couple markers in the old inter-coastal between the new inter-coastal and confederate reef, these makers were laying on their side, if I'm not mistaking the last time I navigated this are they were gone. Are they under water hazards or have they been removed?
                Removed and replaced with new pilings.

Comment

Working...
                X