new axle-springs HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new axle-springs HELP

OK so I had my bearings packed at the end of last summer.Ive taken my boat out five times since.I get home and find out my front axle was blown,Im lucky to have made it home but it is a dual axle trailor for a 22 ft blue wave.How much is a new axle with bearings hub etc.Ithink im replacing the front springs as well.The back axle looks great and i have a friend who will help do all the labor.

Probably 350 or so if you do it yourself. Call McClain or whichever trailer manufacturer you use and get them to price one for you. Their website will have instructions on how to take the measurements they need to get a quote for you.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

^ What he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
        Probably 350 or so if you do it yourself. Call McClain or whichever trailer manufacturer you use and get them to price one for you. Their website will have instructions on how to take the measurements they need to get a quote for you.
        Thanks i appreciate info.Im finding boat ownership always seems ro have issues lol.

Comment

Measure your axles,, figure what type springs you have, including hubs and check McClains Trailer website. It's easy to just roll a whole new axle/spring/hub assembly than trying to just replace parts IMO.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I just did this a few weeks ago after NOT making it home, unfortunately. I talked to McCain and they were really easy to work with and very helpful. I think I talked to Greg. They build the axles every Tuesday and Thursday. Like everyone else said, follow their instructions and don't hesitate to call and ask any others. They will call to go over the form anyways. I ordered mine on Monday morning and they called about 1 pm on the next day (Tuesday) saying it was ready to go. Really easy to install and comes with the hybrid Vault hubs. The guy said they need absolutely zero servicing for 5 years and may go as long as 10 without needing anything. I wish I had done this long ago, all for just under $300 per axle.
            "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

And spend the extra 25-50 bucks and go with all stainless bolts/u bolts, nuts and washers to bolt it all back on with instead of just the galvanized stuff.

Then go get a couple of green cans of the heavy duty corrosionX stuff and coat all of your hard work once it's all bolted back together.

Comment

Working...
              X