Trailer running lights question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer running lights question

Ok fellow salt water sickos I need help again. Trailer lights. Here we go- right blinker good, left blinker good, brank lights good. All is fine until I turn the running lights on and then nothing works..... I turn the running lights off and blinker and brake lights work again....I am not very good with anything electrical so explain like I am 10 years old please. Munchos Gracias for any advice here.

Check your fuse box, and connections??
    Karma's a beach.

Comment

Check your ground (clean, sand till bright) at all points where the wire connects to the frame.

Also, do you have two filament bulbs in the sockets?
      At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Pm termo John. He always fixes mine.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
          Pm termo John. He always fixes mine.
          Lmao!

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Etrailer.com can help ya. Diagrams, even some troubleshooting guides. Good tester will help also.
            "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

If these are existing lights that you have been using for a while, it sounds like you might have a corrosion issue in one of the
              taillights that share the same bulb for both functions.
              If that's the case you will need to replace the taillight.
              Try removing the lense and see if you can remove the lamp. If it won't budge....it is suspect.

Comment

Make sure ground wire is connected well to trailer. Check/replace bulbs without getting cut by the bulb. Check plug for loose wire/ground. It sounds like you might have a corrosion issue...

Comment

Yes they are brand new lights, thanks for all the suggestions/advise. I will follow.

Comment

Has to be the ground. I would be surprised if it is NOT the ground.
                    Beandaddy

Comment

Is your trailer ball rusty? Mine will do the same thing untill I make a few corners then all the lights will work.

Comment

Originally posted by svs View Post
                        Is your trailer ball rusty? Mine will do the same thing untill I make a few corners then all the lights will work.
                        Which is the ground also. I betcha it's the ground-you can verify by taking the white ground wire and touching it to your truck hitch in a non-rusty spot.
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Ground... If they are new then something is not grounded... But others have already stated this!

Bow

Comment

When I had my bass boat, same problem and solution as stated here. Lord Bless.
                            robert
                            And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

I always run a separate ground wire from the trailer with an alligator clip on it that I clip to a bumper bolt, or frame.
                              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
                              X