Padre trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Padre trip

A very good friend and I are headed to his family's beach house in Padre Thursday night. They also own a 21 ft cc bay boat. We'll be down there til Sunday evening. I've never fished that area, and am super excited about (hopefully) landing my first snook. After that, it will be typical "Texas Slam" fishing. I understand that the water is much clearer. If anyone has any pointers, I would really appreciate it. Conversely, if y'all have any "what not to do's" (it'd be great not to trip over my own crank), I am all ears. I've fished (mostly wade, a little kayak recently) the west end pretty much my whole life, so if there is something similar or dissimilar, I'd love to hear it. Thanks, in advance!
    What Would Hans Wagemueller Do?

Wish I knew something about snook to tell you. Good luck!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Cisneros is the go-to guide. FlatOutFishing (Monte) has caught at least 3 big Snook at Padre. Maybe he'll show up on this thread? I know he worked the copper Devil Eye's reeeealy fast!
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Corner of the Texaco channel and the intercoastal was always good to me first light...generally always threw live shrip free lined and would limit quick on trout...redfish are everywhere...three islands area has always produced but it's a pretty good haul...also fun if you have the time and the wind is light, go to the tip of the jetties and look for kings...they are generally smaller but on light gear a ton of fun.
        sigpic

Comment

I went to port o'conner with a friend. Water was clear on the bay side. Used the same Artie's, and caught fish. I'd say use what works for you. No difference on the fish. If they're hungry, they will bite. Lord Bless.
          robert
          And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

You want advice ? Don't forget to bring your Basil Hadyn .
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Tran Cat View Post
              Corner of the Texaco channel and the intercoastal was always good to me first light...generally always threw live shrip free lined and would limit quick on trout...redfish are everywhere...three islands area has always produced but it's a pretty good haul...also fun if you have the time and the wind is light, go to the tip of the jetties and look for kings...they are generally smaller but on light gear a ton of fun.
              Awesome advice. Way more than I expected. Never even thought about hitting up some kings. Will definitely have to try that.

Originally posted by kenny View Post
              Cisneros is the go-to guide. FlatOutFishing (Monte) has caught at least 3 big Snook at Padre. Maybe he'll show up on this thread? I know he worked the copper Devil Eye's reeeealy fast!
              Love the Devil Eye's. I tend to work them early fall though. I'l' make sure to give them a shot. Thanks. I honestly don't even care about the size of snook. Just hoping to cross that species off my list.

Originally posted by Silver Wolf View Post
              I went to port o'conner with a friend. Water was clear on the bay side. Used the same Artie's, and caught fish. I'd say use what works for you. No difference on the fish. If they're hungry, they will bite. Lord Bless.
              robert
              Ya, I didn't figure the difference was too big. Just didn't want to do something silly. Thanks!

Originally posted by plugger View Post
              You want advice ? Don't forget to bring your Basil Hadyn .
              I'm more a scotch guy, but the friend I'm going with likes whiskeys and bourbons. I'm trying to help refine his taste though.

Thank y'all for all of the advice. It's what makes this the best fishing site.
              What Would Hans Wagemueller Do?

Comment

Working...
              X