No announcement yet.

correct rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, don't buy too many rods, I'm about to have some deals for you. 6'6" or 6'9" for all around use with arties. Medium if you think you'll be doing a lot of tail chasing, and if you like multiple dots, go towards the ML, soft tip will save you from tearing the softer mouth..Pick something that has a blank thru reel seet so that your fingers are in contact with the blank, huge improvement in what you feel. This is unbelievably important when fishing a light bite in the winter months!
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Originally posted by shallowist View Post
      Guys, don't buy too many rods, I'm about to have some deals for you. 6'6" or 6'9" for all around use with arties. Medium if you think you'll be doing a lot of tail chasing, and if you like multiple dots, go towards the ML, soft tip will save you from tearing the softer mouth..Pick something that has a blank thru reel seet so that your fingers are in contact with the blank, huge improvement in what you feel. This is unbelievably important when fishing a light bite in the winter months!

what brand?
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
        what brand?
        Have a bunch of All Star stuff in the garage. If you want new come to the boat show and I will get you any American Rodsmith you want. Have a Am Rodsmith ultra max adjustable that I might be talked out of at home too
        http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

when i call you about flyfish'in i'll check them out.....i've been juggling work and being under the weather........that's if there still left
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Lot of good brand rods out there.Warrenty and customer service should be a part of your decision.

Comment

Spam alert: Lol

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy View Post
                Lot of good brand rods out there.Warrenty and customer service should be a part of your decision.
                BilliStix gets 5 stars on this one from me.

Comment

6'6 Slam Mag med light Waterloo hands down the best rod I have ever used. This a great all around rod for plastic, topwaters, Corkys, Catch 5s, and anything else you can think of. Works great with popping corks and free linning shrimp aswell. Customer service is the best I have delt with. Jimmy Burns at Waterloo takes care of his customers. Never had any problems. I have fished/sponsored by just about all the rod companys out there and the Waterloos have held up the best. If your in the Clear Lake area I can meet you at the lake and show you and let you cast many of the different rods. There are alot of great rod companys out there, all this is just my opinion from experience with Waterloo, Laguna, American Rodsmith, Redfish Bay Rods, and All Star.

AQUA PIMP
                  AQUA PIMP......
                  "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

More confused now than before yet ? LOL I don't have a bunch of rods for different applications. I want one all around basic rod to use for everything. It's like boats. You give up certain advantages and gain others with hull shapes, etc. Everything is a compromise. AQUA PIMP is on the right trail. I'm using a FTU green rod with recoil guides, about 6' 6", medium action with an extra fast tip.
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

G LOOMIS has been my favorite rod for years.Best warrenty in the business.If you break it they will replace it for 20.00 even if it's 5 years old.

Comment

Working...
                      X