Vapor Lock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vapor Lock?

Ok the new outboard runs awesomely except for something I am being told called vapor lock. is there anything that can be done to eliminate this problem? Apparently the 2003 Johnsons are known for this problem.... Runs great but after I shut her down for a few minutes to fish a spot I have to allow the carbs to fill with gas before she can get going again. Usually takes a minute or so but still a pain in the azzz. My marine mech said its due to the new fuel were using vaporizing in the carbs as she sits .....Anyone else experience this?

I've never heard of this. I would think that carb's should not get hot enough to vaporize fuel.

Comment

Bad check valve in primer bulb?

Comment

First....do you have to pump the gas line bulb every time you let it sit for a while? If you do, it's air getting into the line (probably).
        Try this.....remove the gas line from the motor and keep it above the gas fitting and bulb, squeeze the bulb till it's tight, take a small Phillips screwdriver (or other tool) and depress the gas line connection fitting and release any air that may have gotten trapped in the line while continuing to pump the bulb till you are sure all the air is out. If you still have trouble, check the connections on the gas line to be sure the connections are tight (especially around the bulb). Soapy water from a sprayer may also help you find air trapped in the line. If none of this works, you have learned a valuable lesson....never take advise from an idiot! HAR! Once you get it fixed, take me fishing and show me all your honey holes! I
        Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
        "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

When I had my boat, I was told to clean the filter screen. Don't know if this helps the problem, but I've also heard about air in the line. Exact solution that was given. Lord Bless.
          robert
          And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Working...
          X