which battery to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which battery to buy?

I am going to be purchasing a couple new batteries for the boat soon. I have a couple questions.

#1 which type is better sealed or Removable cap/water fill?
    #2 Are the optima pictured the best type to buy?

Click image for larger version

Name:	battery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	575695

Oscar go to Golden Eagle on hwy. 6 they will fix you up.

Comment

A high capacity Deep cycle for your trolling motor and all your accessories and lights.
      A high capacity cranking battery for the engine.
      I prefer wetted cell lead acid for both, all though they may not charge the same or trickle off same charger so you may need two different chargers for each. Main thing is to keep tops immaculately clean along with the connections as dust, moisture, oil, etc will cause tracking between the posts. The dryer the better also.
      "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Originally posted by Longhornbubba View Post
        Good advise. Old Fred will fix you up and stand by his warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhornbubba View Post
          Just called Fred at Golden picking one up Friday. Thanks !!

Comment

Gel cell Optima-can't leak, takes beating and last years. Otherwise, AGM. Never walmart.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Don't put your batteries on concrete. It will ground your battery. Put them on a board or plastic lid when charging. Hope this helps. Lord Bless.
              robert
              And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Working...
              X