barometric pressure!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plugger View Post
    That's all good stuff and true. But a high pressure is tough and not as good as a falling or low pressure.
    Henry, read again. As a general rule, I would prefer different conditions, but yesterday was 10 trout over 3 pounds. Fish every chance that you can, then make your own decisions. You will read plenty of oppinions about things that work and don't, but nothing beats personal experience to build your log.
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

I know , Steve. I fish usually when rational beings are at home. The bite is tougher on a high barometric pressure day. The fish usually need more coaxing to strike and being where the fish are in the first place is critical , of course. You had a good day and probably had a better feel of where the fish would be due to your experience and time on the water recently, net working, etc. I went out Sunday and found only one place where I had some bite... I'm not doing the midbay armada thing even if it means not catching fish. I'd rather invest my time doing recon than that mess. I could tell the bite was more tentative, short strikes, not aggressive. Maybe a more skilled angler, like yourself , would have landed more fish if we were fishing next to each other, but, that's another reason why I go... to look , see, try, and learn. Like you say , nothing beats time on the water to become a better fisherman. Besides, I love it so I'd rather go even if I knew ahead of time I wouldn't get one strike !! You owe me a trip to East Matagorda by the way
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I thought that I remembered you going on some less than perfect days. Speaking of Matagorda, we need to get down there soon. It has been good. Give me a call this week and let's figure out the details.
        http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

2 centavos

I hear the shallow water fish are affected by barometric pressure, best=low pressure. Offshore fishing,deep, not affected.
          I have experienced the fish going nuts during a rain, low pressure, quit a few times. And I have seen fish right in front of me on a beautiful day, high pressure, and couldn't get them to hit a bait tossed right in front of them. The latter one really gets me........
          Fishwhisperer

Comment

Working...
          X