Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
    me too I got me 600 yards for the next year
    I bought a 1500yd spool at the fishing show for $50.00......I think I am set for a while.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I use PowerPro 10lb, which is equivalent to 2lb diameter. Sometimes it is hard to get a backlash out but I rarely get them.
      I dont back my braid though, straight braid all the way and I add a section of 6ft 10lb Seaguar Fluorocarbon leader to manage around the shell without getting cut off. PowerPro gets way way better without the waxy stuff on, it usually wears off after a hard day of fishing and becomes a light green color.
      I use it for topwater,soft plastics, spoons, everything. I dont understand why the guy would argue with you, is he a guide?

Comment

Ok braid is good but has 0 stretch mono has stretch so if you fish braid set your drag a little less or I use I lighter rod . There is two types of braid 1st solid (hard on your thumb) and 2nd hollow ....hollow is cool line you can splice hollow without a typical knot and its easy on your thumb. If I fish a "line shy" fish ill use mono or floro if not ill use braid here in ca I started to use braid when fishing kelp beds cause it cuts the kelp we call it a "cutter rig" so there are pros to each just don't forget that braid can be harmful on your guides if there a softer guide material. And don't use to heavy of line like 50# braid is the same size as 12# mono(the brand sufix is). So it would be to heavy and on spinning tackle sometimes the braid is to small and gets caught on the bail I could go on for along time so if you have any more ?s just ask

Comment

Braid!

Comment

Originally posted by Nwilkins View Post
            I love Braid, Fins 8 lb dia---30 lb test. I have tied a mono leader, but with the tony clips I don't
            Neil, I hope you have mastered the dreaded loop knot.

Comment

the knot I use for braid to mono/floro is uni to uni. Very simple and strong

Comment

stren sonic braid 8/30. i use a leader with corkys and such.
                straight braid with plastics.
                still use mono for some fresh water applications.

Comment

I cuss my braid if I get a knot around the rod tip, but it hasn't made me switch back yet!
                  Scott
                  "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Working...
                  X