Trolling Motor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trolling Motor...

I need to find a trolling motor soon... Where's a good place to look / buy one? 12V Bow Mount...

MinnKota or MotorGuide

Thoughts?
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Academy sells a max-4 camo minn kota 12v!

Comment

Yah but its Transom mount... Just came to the realization that if I mounted a transom on the bow, the handle would be point out from the bow not towards the stern so an extension handle woulnd't even help me lol...

Looks like I'm leaning towards Bow Mount.

Comment

You can probable unscrew the handle screws and rotate it back towards the stern, that what it looked like when I took min apart (minn kota)

I bought mine at academy.
        "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
          I need to find a trolling motor soon... Where's a good place to look / buy one? 12V Bow Mount...

MinnKota or MotorGuide

Thoughts?
          I asked a mechanic one time if MinnKota or MotorGuide was better? He said they are like Ford and Chevrolet. Everybody has their favorites but when you get down to it you can't go wrong either way. And just make sure you get a saltwater model. I would check Academy first.

And a bit of advice. We bought our boat used and its a 19ft Sea Hunt (real heavy boat) with a 150 Johnson. It came with a measly 43 lb thrust trolling motor and it is awful. Yes it moves it but you have to run it full speed all the time which runs the battery down twice as fast. So what I'm saying is, I know they are really expensive but save up and get a good one. You will appreciate it in the wind, if you're chasing birds, trolling a reef or whatever.
          I'd say for your marsh hog maybe a 50 lb thrust or bigger would be about right? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
          Good luck
          XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

On second thought, if you are going to run a 12 volt system I think 50 lb thrust is the highest you can go before you need that second battery so definitely go with the 50.
            XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Bought a Minn Kota 55lb thrust bow mount testing tomorrow...

Comment

Can't believe I missed this post. Chip has an extra one he is not using. It has the foot controls and everything. When you are leaving the fish spot in Moses lake stay on the right side of the channel and about 50 yards out you should be able to find it. If you have not heard the story let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
                  Can't believe I missed this post. Chip has an extra one he is not using. It has the foot controls and everything. When you are leaving the fish spot in Moses lake stay on the right side of the channel and about 50 yards out you should be able to find it. If you have not heard the story let me know.
                  LMAO!!! Classic
                  NK
                  Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
                    It was never even used by me! It is a great deal!
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                      It was never even used by me! It is a great deal!
                      Sounds like the 30HP Johnson Bailey sunk in Westbay when the boat capsized... I got GPS Cordinates want to trade

Comment

Originally posted by XtremeAngler View Post
                        I asked a mechanic one time if MinnKota or MotorGuide was better? He said they are like Ford and Chevrolet. Everybody has their favorites but when you get down to it you can't go wrong either way. And just make sure you get a saltwater model. I would check Academy first.

And a bit of advice. We bought our boat used and its a 19ft Sea Hunt (real heavy boat) with a 150 Johnson. It came with a measly 43 lb thrust trolling motor and it is awful. Yes it moves it but you have to run it full speed all the time which runs the battery down twice as fast. So what I'm saying is, I know they are really expensive but save up and get a good one. You will appreciate it in the wind, if you're chasing birds, trolling a reef or whatever.
                        I'd say for your marsh hog maybe a 50 lb thrust or bigger would be about right? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
                        Good luck
                        MinnKota is far superior to Motorguide and dont let anyone tell you otherwise. I have had numerous trolling motors over the years and nothing has been better than a minn kota!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                          Sounds like the 30HP Johnson Bailey sunk in Westbay when the boat capsized... I got GPS Cordinates want to trade
                          I might need another 30hp to put on the back. I could run twin 30s! Sweet!!
                          sigpic
                          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

lol twin 30's. That is priceless. Why don't you just get a 125. I know where you can get one cheap!!

Comment

I know where there is a new Power Pole also if anybody needs one. JT has the coordinates I'm sure LOL. Somewhere near Bird Island

AQUA PIMP
                              AQUA PIMP......
                              "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Working...
                              X