Dredging Pipe by Bird Island Cove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dredging Pipe by Bird Island Cove

As many of you know they have been doing some dredging outside Bird Island Cove and I noticed yesterday that the machines are gone, but there is a large dredging pipe barely sticking out of the water and there are NO marks at all. The location is just outside the cove closer to the point, in other words if you are heading around Bird, stay at least a few hundred yards off the shoreline.

Is there someone we can call and ask them to mark it?
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

If someone has some PVC I'll mark it.

Comment

Alex,
      The problem is, how long will it be around? The other problem is, I don't have a clue where it is running. It almost seems like it runs all the way across the enterance of bird, which makes me not want to enter in there.
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Corps of Engineers should be able to do something about it.
        Beandaddy

Comment

From what I've seen it's about 25 yards long. There could be more but when the tide was low that's all I saw. There is a small yellow float marking it but it's hard to see and could easily be mistaken for a crab trap.

Comment

You are right! It could be really bad if going at night or high tide.
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

send Kenny over there he is good at finding them!!LOL
              Captain Glenn Stevens
              Coastal Guide Service
              www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

LOL! That is who I thought of when I saw it!
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

TP&W and the COE have farked up two coves with the dredging and filling and are working on farking up the third at Bird now! The West side of Jumbile was always my favorite and now you can't even get back there by boat @$&%#*(^$#sonofabiatches!
                  "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

The COE is similar to that Hussein Obama sumbeech-both farge up most things they do.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Call the Corps of Engineers
                      "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Ghandi

Comment

Call Coast Guard duty officer in charge, he will have it checked out, and follow up on who else needs to be notified,the number is located online at the Coast Guard WEB. site!It will have to be checked out and determined to be a Nav. Haz!
                        West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Working...
                        X