Howdy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy

Hello everyone. My name's Travis I live in Rosharon and I'm trying to make myself into a fisherman. So far I'm not doing so great, every now and again a blind squirrel finds a nut and every now and again I catch a fish. I've read books and magazines, and scoured the internet searching for wisdom. I stumbled across your site a little while ago and you look like a bunch of friendly folks. Hopefully y'all don't mind answering my dumb questions, and I'd love to meet some folks to fish with. I'm saving for a boat but it'll be a while. Currently I've had about enough of fishing from land so I'll be big pimpin in my 15 canoe with a disco era trolling motor. Thanks for having me.

Travis
    When I grow up I want to be, One of the harvesters of the sea. I think before my days are done, I want to be a fisherman.

Welcome Aboard!
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Welcome you gotta start somewhere!We want pic's of a disco era trolling motor!lol
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
        Welcome you gotta start somewhere!We want pic's of a disco era trolling motor!lol
        x2

Howdy and welcome!
        Resident Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
          Yeah baby!
          Welcome! We don't care what your boat looks like!
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Welcome to the site!
            May want to try some walk in spots and do a little wade fishing.
            Good luck

Comment

welcome!!! the more you go the more you catch.
              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Welcome to FWE. Experience is the best teacher
                I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small baby bird will fall frozen, dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself...

Comment

Thanks for the friendly welcome. If the weather cooperates the discotronic will be mounted up on the canoe tonight and I'll try to get some pictures posted up of the rig for your amusement. I found it last week on the craig for 30 bucks and it beats paddling. I'm too out of shape to wrestle the canoe loaded down through the wind and current. Calm water it's pretty enjoyable, add in some wind and it goes where it pleases. I'll search for some walk in spots, as long as my civic can make it. I know wading will be a no go for the Mrs and boy but I'm all for it when I can get some alone fishing time. I went wading in the surf a month or so ago, and caught my first fish on a lure, loved it. Couldn't pry the woman off the beach though.
                  When I grow up I want to be, One of the harvesters of the sea. I think before my days are done, I want to be a fisherman.

Comment

welcome!

Comment

welcome...getting the Mrs loving the water and fishing makes it a lot getting the new bote!

Comment

shoulda said lot EASIER getting the new bote!

Comment

Cheers

Comment

Welcome aboard Overkiller!

Glad to have you with us...and look forward to hearing your reports of many fish!

John
                            John M. Wedergren
                            Actor, Recording Artist, Teacher
                            (281)-759-5019 - direct
                            johnwedergren@gmail.com

Comment

Ahoy.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                              Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Working...
                              X