Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just joined - looking for launch and hotel

Hello,

My name is Joe Hayden and I just joined the group. My brother, son, and I are headed to the Galveston area this weekend for some fishing. This is our first time in this area so we are looking for a good launch with a nearby (<5 miles) hotel and live bait. We will mostly be fishing in the bays and maybe visit the jetties, nothing offshore this trip.

Any recommendations? Thanks and looking forward to sharing some stories.

Joe

Howdy and welcome! Looking forward to hearing some stories! There is a boat launch at the Galveston Causeway with a bait camp too. The launch fee is 5 dollars. There also is one at the Yacht Basin but it gets crowded during the weekends.
    Resident Ninja

Comment

Texas City dike for easy access to the jetties (three bait camps). Live baiters better get to any bait camps EARLY. AND, what Jhua said....
      Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
      "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Don't leave anything of any valve in boat if you stay at a hotel.Good luck.If u launch at Texas city dike launch at the very last boat ramp.
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Thanks everyone, this is alot more than what I had. I am going through maps and such and may have some more questions but this is getting us a good start.

Comment

Welcome aboard. Stay on the island and launch out of sea isle.
            Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

launch at the yacht basin on the east end,theres a motel right down the street.
              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
              X