Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Coming to Galveston

Hi all,
    I have been lurking for the last couple of months since I found this site, and decided that it was time to introdce myself. I am from Arkansas and am heading to Galveston to camp at the state park starting on Thursday through Monday. I have been down there a couple of times and atayed at a house at Pirates beach, and have been trying to catch a red fish on family vacations and have not been successful, so this time I am leaving the family at home and am going to do some serious fishing. If any body has any tips for a redneck from Arkansas that they would like to share about catching the elusive red fish feel free to share.
    Thanks to the guys that run this site it is great.

Welcome from another redneck.Bring your spinnerbait for the reds.There is some good fishin up in your neck of the woods.You should walkin in somewere in the park and start walkin.slide them feet along as you go because the long tailed flounder are still shallow as we saw plenty on the north shoreline.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Welcome aboard.
      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

I think part of what Reeltime was saying was to shuffle your feet so you don't step on a stingray. The park is a great place to fish. The water isn't too cold yet, but it's cooling down so waders may be in order by the time you get here. There are lots of good places to kayak around the park and further afield if you care to. Hope you have fun and welcome aboard!
        Check google maps. There's a world on information there.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

welcome. get the kayak and wade fishing book. i started with another book, but this one is better. hope this helps. Lord Bless.
          robert
          And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

welcome!!
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Welcome

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X