New To Chocolate Bay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New To Chocolate Bay!

Hello, I just want to drop a line, I have been checking out the form for a month or two to get any tips and tricks to fishing Chocaolate Bayou and navigating these new waters. I just got my skiff in early January and have only let out of Lutes 3 times so far. One time to scout and twice to fish solo in bayou, nothing landed yet but have had some bites. So far everyone I have ran in to at Lutes as been super nice and a fella helped me out big time trying to get my boat on my trailer at the ramp at Lutes. I look forward to contributing to the forum as much as I can and using teh information I can gather to help me with my new life long passion

I was curious about running down to the San Luis pass from Lutes. Any suggestions of navigating West Bay, best interest to take intercoastal as far south as I can then just cutting out across West Bay? Seems like about 6 miles to the pass once I enter West Bay? Any idea appreciated here.

Happy fishing

I was getting some hiccups in the server from my end but looks like I got my first post up a couple times

Comment

Welcome aboard.
      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Welcome aboard, welcome aboard, welcome aboard !!!
        "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Be careful it's tricky around the pass but you can get there from Chocolate.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, No-one will tell you where the fish are or how to get to them... The fun is finding them.
            Be safe & take the time to learn the waters you are running in.

Comment

Learn every bend in the bayou and every spoil in the bay

Post your reports on FWE (good and bad)

Before you know it, you'll have a good knowledge of Chocolate and several FWE brothers on the water

Welcome to the crew

Comment

if you want to fish chocolate you must post pics of your boat and register with the choc. anti potlickers associations...

seriously welcome if i see you out there ill say hello.

getting to the pass from choc is easy its almost a straight shot

just follow the channle till the iner coastal then had twards the shoreline on your right once your cross the icw follow about 20 to 50 yrs from shore depending onyour boats draft once you hit the cut you will se some white posts marking the exit to the cut and the channle that runs like a yard from the shore follow it and your at the pass look at google maps once you pass the first flat there is a left turn twards the bridge to actually hit the bridge in the summer. other than that it will show you the other cuts.
                Last edited by GoldSpoonGeneral; February 19, 2012, 12:30 AM.
                75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

Comment

Howdy and welcome!
                  Resident Ninja

Comment

Go full throttle never mind the sunken shrimp boat and to heck with all them sand bars around bird island. Just Kidding Dont try to come in from the south you will run agrond at mud cut. You need to come in north of bird island the cut is marked. good luck! Welcome anoard!!
                    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

welcome and Howdy to ya.

Comment

welcome!!!
                        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Welcome to the site.
                          KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Welcome aboard. Wish I could help you with your navigational concerns but although I slip off in Chocolate from time to time my knowledge is of the upper west bay from Deer Islands to Karankawa Reef both sides of the bay. good luck and hope you get your questions answered.

Comment

Welcome to fwe !!
                              I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X