Howdy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy!

Just started fishing saltwater again and found this forum. Been putting in at the 2004 Bridge on Chocolate, throwing some plugs and doing a bit of crabbing from the boat. Was out there on Sunday, caught a rat red over at the islands just south of Lost Bay. Then got caught in the pounding thunderstorm that rolled through at mid-morning.

Anyway, I'm the guy in the little black and tan "bass hunter" boat with a trolling motor, holler if ya' see me!

Gary

Welcome to the site Gary,just be safe in them smaller rigs amigo!Lots of good people on WEA!
    West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Welcome aboard Litlle Boat! Glad to have you.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Welcome ! Chocolate? I heard theres no fish there !

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

WELCOME!!
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Welome. And, there are no fish in Chocolate. Don't waste your gas.
              KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Welcome, don't even bother with chocolate.
                Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
                (AKA Evans Marine Services)
                4340 19th St.
                Bacliff, Texas 77518
                http://evansmarine.net
                http://boatwerxtx.com
                main@boatwerxtx.com
                281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

welcome aboard
                  Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Thanks for all the welcomes, everyone.

Rollo, thanks for the concern. I generally stay within one mile of the bridge, and most everything seems pretty shallow in those areas, except for the bayou and channel.

Some of you mentioned "there's no fish in chocolate"... I have to assume you guys are pulling my leg! Hmmm.... guarding those honey holes, eh?

Not to worry, I'm just beginning my explorations of the area, I'll have to learn the patterns and such. And to tell you the truth, the fishing is something for me to do while I'm waiting on some crabs to grab my handlines. At this point, I'm not planning on keeping any of the fish, and I have mashed the hook barbs on my lures closed to make releasing the fish easier.

On Sunday, the crabbing seemed slow, but I did pull in a big male crab that that was 8" spine to spine. The trip was a recon run, so the big crab went back in the water, to be caught later.

Well, thanks again for the welcomes, will be looking over the forum to glean any tidbits of knowledge on how to fish the area.

Comment

Welcome aboard.
                      "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Welcome aboard. There are no fish in Chocolate. just sayin...

Comment

Welcome to FWE. All the fish are in Christmas.
                          "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Christmas is a bit far from 2004 with my trolling motor. I suppose I could go to Surfside and put in from the beach road. Gonna check the weather, may be out at Chocolate in the morning.

Comment

Welcome!!!
                              I COME FROM THE WATER!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X