Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats Going On

What's going on
    My names Austin I currently attend SHSU and am in my Junior Year. I am a newbie to wade fishing and joined this site to look for suggestions, tips, and a little intel on the West Bay area.
    "Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish,
    and feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishings not that hard."
    -Ron Swanson-

I dont fish the West Bay Area. But WELCOME to the Site!

Comment

Welcome aboard, when I first started wading it was in West bay, I got on of those Hot Spot maps at Academy & started trying different spots, find an area on the map, then use Google Earth & look around the area for structure, marsh drains, ect. Good luck out there.
      Today is a new day!!

Comment

Thats exactly what I'll be doing I found planning the trip is an event all on its own. I got some really nice gear handed down to me and I'm looking to pick up a new hobby.
        "Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish,
        and feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishings not that hard."
        -Ron Swanson-

Comment

Howdy and Welcome! I treat fishing as a complex problem with multiple variables. Isolate each variable as much as possible and try different combinations to eventually get to the desired answer. :P
          Resident Ninja

Comment

Welcome Austin. While no one would confuse me with a true expert when I first started wade fishing I went out with someone who could show me the ropes and then went to a place to get properly outfitted (I went to Cut Rate/FTU in Houston). Don't let someone get you over-outfitted to start - start with the basics and buidl from there. Happy fishing - "it beats anything else I could think of doing today"

Comment

Welcome aboard. I don't wade.., never could make myself get out of a perfectly good boat to become part of the food chain plus I already have a few body parts missing.

There are some good folks here that will give you some great information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome.....just remember grind grind grind

Comment

Welcome!
                  I COME FROM THE WATER!!!

Comment

Welcome to FWE. Don't do anything that I do and I promise you'll catch fish.

JYC

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
                    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Don't think so much lol... Fishing is easy if you keep it simple. Don't make a formula out of it lol... Get in the water, put in some hours fishing a area and it will pay off. Remember keep it simple rule #1.
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Welcome aboard! Glad to have another wader.
                        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
                          Welcome aboard! Glad to have another wader.
                          Welcome aboard - we'll eventually get you into a kayak - like Curmudgeon.

Originally posted by JbVenable
                          Welcome aboard. Watch out for sharks, rays and boaters.
                          And FWE members with names that begin with C,F,J,R,T,and O
                          At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

So your kinda new to the wade seen,well dont be too bashfull about asking questions! Just dont ask anyone straight out exactly where they're secret Honey Hole is located,For that info you kinda gotta work yer way up to it!! Welcome and tight lines!
                            West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Working...
                              X