No announcement yet.

Howdy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear that! A boat is just a hole in the water you can throw money in! And 2 feet is pretty deep to cross that flat at unless you need a bottom job too!LOL!
    West Bay Sensai...

Comment

welcome!
      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Take it slow and easy till you learn your way around.
        "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome! We just got our first boat last year and it did not take long to learn how many things can go wrong! It is all worth it though. Good luck!

Comment

Re: Howdy!

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
              welcome!
              X2
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Welcome aboard. you have to have trips like that so you will really appreciate the the good ones. New fuel pump last weekend!

Comment

Welcome to FWE. Keep on posting. This is a good site.
                  "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Okay, so I finally got around to fixing the new boat and me and my brother in law took it out Friday from the Diversionary. Unfortunately, we didn't get on the water until about 10 am when there was absolutely no tide movement. We made one or two stops on the way down the canal and picked up one undersized trout.

I was pretty nervous trying to navigate from the mouth of the canal to the ICW for the first time, but we took it really slow and only scratched the bottom once- and that just barely. However, on our way back in we saw a guy come flying through there at +30mph and drive straight onto a reef. He hopped out of the boat and it was ankle deep. He was able to drive away, so he must have been lucky that day.

Out in the ICW we did more exploring than fishing, but managed to catch a few more trout and a small flounder.

Not a great trip, but at this point, I consider just making it out and back again a successful trip. Catching a few fish just makes it all the better. All in all we had a good time.

Here is a pic of the first gamefish caught out of the new boat. A real monster!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	First Gamefish.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	558113
                    Nothin' but hardheads.....

Comment

Working...
                    X