Hello everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luckydog View Post
    Glad to be on the board. I enjoy the coast a lot. Since I retired I am expanding my AO, Looking forward to read about your catches.

Welcome Luckydog, What's an expanding AO?

Comment

Welcome LUCKYDOG-so named for being retired I bet. Silly Nwilkins, You are too young to know that when you get older and retire you experience an expanding AO - ARSE OUTWARD
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
        Welcome LUCKYDOG-so named for being retired I bet. Silly Nwilkins, You are too young to know that when you get older and retire you experience an expanding AO - ARSE OUTWARD

Nope Plugger did know that one. I am 48 year old golf pro, I'll never retire, just fish more

Comment

OK, let me guess... AO... AREA OF OPERATIONS or OPPORTUNITY. Say, AREAS OF OPERATIONS , like that's office speak from your retired position as head of covert operations for the CIA . It'll lend an aura of intrigue and drama to your persona. Rats, wish I had thought of that before I listed my occupation as DENTIST-- BORRRRING.
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Welcome!
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome! I definitely have the fever again. I have even been taking my kayak fishing map into the bathroom for a little, "reading" time.

Taking my canoe out Saturday morning and torn between a few places (sportsmans, highland bayou, the lagoon). My parents are coming in from the hill country Saturday and staying at Casa Del Mar for my dad's birthday.

Him and I are going to surf fish at night in front of the hotel (he just got back into fishing after 20 years as well, but now has to drive 300 miles to get out on the water).

Staying with them Saturday night and taking the canoe back out Sunday morning to one of the places I haven't decided and heading back home Sunday.

Monday - back to work and thinking about the next weekend

Hmmm, maybe I should just load up and start Friday night fishing Sea Wolf park or head to surf side...if only I was 20 again.

Comment

Winds are supposed to be churning, so I would hit sportsman's and head back into the marsh to find some reds and flatties!

Originally posted by sublimesurf74 View Post
                Thanks for the warm welcome! I definitely have the fever again. I have even been taking my kayak fishing map into the bathroom for a little, "reading" time.

Taking my canoe out Saturday morning and torn between a few places (sportsmans, highland bayou, the lagoon). My parents are coming in from the hill country Saturday and staying at Casa Del Mar for my dad's birthday.

Him and I are going to surf fish at night in front of the hotel (he just got back into fishing after 20 years as well, but now has to drive 300 miles to get out on the water).

Staying with them Saturday night and taking the canoe back out Sunday morning to one of the places I haven't decided and heading back home Sunday.

Monday - back to work and thinking about the next weekend

Hmmm, maybe I should just load up and start Friday night fishing Sea Wolf park or head to surf side...if only I was 20 again.
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for confirming what I was thinking (I always wonder if I am in the right place) I saw winds were going to be pretty strong out of the SE and thought that would be the best bet - being in a canoe dictates a lot as well - not really good in the wind!

Thanks again!

Comment

This might be the longest post for a newbie, but welcome aboard and enjoy the site. We will give you some good pointers (I hope) and you just need to have fun and give us some reports once and awhile.
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Welcome aboard!!
                      Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Welcome ya'll! Always good to have another fellow kayaker in the ranks

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Welcome aboard. Feel free to speak your mind!! Plenty of great people to give or take advice.
                            Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X