New Guy Weldonj(Retired AirForce)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy Weldonj(Retired AirForce)

Been on the site for a week! And have been given great information! Looking to fish Chocolate Bayou for flounder! Any information about what live are auto-fishal bait would be helpfull! and were to go to catch! (LOL)

I can't tell you anything about Chocolate other than I can't catch fish there, but I'm glad to not be the new guy any longer. (I signed up long ago, but forgot about this place and just started posting a couple months ago)

Comment

Welcome to the site and THANK YOU for your service in our US Air Force.

My son is in his first year of being in the Air Force. He'll be heading to Okinawa next week for a 2 year stint.

For flounder, fish the edges and flats of the main channel. With an outgoing tide, fish outside the bayou mouths (don't block boat traffic - you will get your feelings hurt) and inside the bayou mouths for incoming tides (once again, don't block boat traffic). Once you find one flounder, the chances are very good for the next few months that more will be in the surrounding area. Work the spot hard.

As for a specific spot......I don't want to take the fun out of the hunt for you.

Comment

Chicken boys, curly tail gulp, and even corkys will catch flounder. Just bouncy them off the bottom. If you feel a hit but lose the flounder, cast back in the same place and keep working it. They usually stay in the same place.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Great Choice

Thanks for the welcome! I did a little time at Kadena AFB Japan, It was not bad! Tell your son, now is the time to go to school and get his degree! Get it early and rank will come easy!

Comment

Originally posted by Weldonj View Post
            Thanks for the welcome! I did a little time at Kadena AFB Japan, It was not bad! Tell your son, now is the time to go to school and get his degree! Get it early and rank will come easy!
            Thanks for the excellent advice. I will pass it along tonight.

PM sent

Comment

Air Force, but not retired. I use mirror lure plastic watermelon/red, Zoom watermelon/red, glow/chartreuse, rootbeer/ glow. 1/4oz jig head bouncing off the bottom. Works for flounder, reds, trout, sand trout, croaker, ribbon fish. Hope this helps. Lord Bless.
              robert
              And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

WELCOME ! Air Force Reserves , 8 years . 924 TAC .
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Welcome to the site and thank you for your service - men like you are the real heroes in my eyes. My go-to is a Gulp 3 inch new penny shrimp with a lime green tail; 1/4 oz jig head bounce the bottom. Good luck!

Comment

Welcome!!!! UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS not retired.
                    Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Kenny , you're not USMC retired ? Just tired , eh ?
                      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Welcome to the site, and THANKS for your service. Ex Navy ASW here and retired from my civilian job.
                        For flatties down there in Chocolate fish the drains in Choco as well as the mouth of Halls. Since there is still a ton of bait up against the grass you might pitch a cast net and use some (I shudder to say this) some live bait. Shrimp haven't started moving yet and there are a ton of finger mullet and small croakers all over the place. Pitch what they are eating.

I know, I know....some of you guys that know me are now going to be trying to take a pic of me with a cork in the water!!

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                          Kenny , you're not USMC retired ? Just tired , eh ?
                          Yep
                          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

welcome
                            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
                            X