No announcement yet.

Another Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome !! I like flounder fishing ( remember in Nov. 2 flounder limit ) . I prefer the GULP 4 " chartreuse , 1/4 oz or 3/8 oz jig, 3/0 size. Usually I'll bump it along the bottom and wait 20 seconds after I feel it take it and set the hook, Usually the bait's in their stomach or back mouth. I've lately had trouble with this technique - They spit it out after 10 seconds- because I had left a jig head in the Gulp bag and I think the metal leached out and made the gulp taste funky. Usually the GULP is so much like real bait that delaying setting the hook like they do with live shrimp helps prevent reeling in flounder only to have them open their mouth and let go of the bait. I've read that one only lands 20 % of " hooked " flounder.
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

welcome bro
        There's a place for ALL of GOD's creatures.... right next to tha mashed potatoes.

Comment

Adam, make it easy and throw what you like. Donna throws gulp 3" new penny of nucular chicken and does very well. It is all what you feel comfortable with, so have fun!
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by rwscold View Post
              Hi all, good site you have here. Let me introduce myself. I'm Adam I am 26 years old married for over 3 years and have a 22 month old boy. I've been fishing Galveston for the past few years, but only recently got into it with full force. I just moved down to The Woodlands, Spring area about a year ago. Luckily my in-laws own property in Jamaica beach right on the canal. I get to fish quite a bit and it has become my favorite hobby/passion. I have quite a bit to learn, as I still consider myself new to fishing especially saltwater. I recently got a Shimano Symetre 4000FJ on a 6ft 6inch castaway medium action spinner rod, I absolutely love the rig, it is extremely smooth and durable. I plan on purchasing a baitcast as I progress. I spend most of my time when I am there either wade fishing or drinking a beer running a trout rig across the canal. My goal is to increase my knowledge and experience, I look forward to picking up some tips and tricks from the rest of you veteran guys. My current goal/obsession is Flounder! I was wading out at Sportsmans road not long ago and picked up a decent 15 inch and a 18inch. I hope to go next week and pick up some nice ones. Got any spots I should try?? Lures?

Anyways glad to be here. Good luck out there.

Adam
              Fish every chance you get and throw everything in the box!!! the difference in a good fisherman and a great fisherman is the same difference between 200 cast and 2000 cast Quote stolen from sneakypete but still true to this day. Welcome aboard!!!!!
              Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Welcome aboard Adam. There are great bunch of people here....although I haven't actually met any of them !!

Comment

welcome aboard
                  Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Welcome!!!
                    Popper in the morning Popper in the evening

Comment

Welcome Adam, I live near you in Lake Chateau Woods(Behind Oak Ridge North)
                      Nice to see that I not the only one thats up here.
                      NoBama

Comment

Originally posted by PasadenaMan View Post
                        Welcome Adam, I live near you in Lake Chateau Woods(Behind Oak Ridge North)
                        Nice to see that I not the only one thats up here.

You get to go down much?

Comment

At least once a month but that will change once I finiish my 21 foot boat. Once I knock out 4 things on my Honey Do this do that list I'll be free every weekend to head to the bay. CoachLaw has a fish camp that gets some good action at night with his light setup.
                          NoBama

Comment

Welcome !! Johnson Sprite- 1/4 oz gold and silver. Most versatile lure for the flats.
                            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Picked up a sprite a couple weeks ago, I have yet to use it though.

Comment

Working...
                              X