Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Clear Lake

Howdy,

Resurrected fisherman here after several decades. Am now teaching my wife to fish. We are starting with simple bank fishing in local ponds and estuaries here in the Clear Lake area. To my surprise she loves it. I bought her first rod a few weeks ago and she was not squeamish at all about using live bait. She has learned to cast with a spinner and has picked up several fundamental skills of working the banks. She now strangely looks at drainage ditches when we drive over them. Nice we have the internet now to get info and refresh my skills. I am a native Californian and learned to fish there in clear rivers, surf, and offshore. I got to Texas as quick as I could courtesy of the US Army that dropped me off here in 1985.

Flamenquero

Welcome aboard.

I am in the area - Nasa 1 and Kirby

Comment

Welcome!!
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Welcome to the site !
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome aboard!!!!!
            Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Welcome !
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Welcome aboard!
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Welcome
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Welcome Aboard!
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome and bien venidos. Lord Bless.
                        robert
                        And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Flamenquero View Post
                            Howdy,

Resurrected fisherman here after several decades. Am now teaching my wife to fish. We are starting with simple bank fishing in local ponds and estuaries here in the Clear Lake area. To my surprise she loves it. I bought her first rod a few weeks ago and she was not squeamish at all about using live bait. She has learned to cast with a spinner and has picked up several fundamental skills of working the banks. She now strangely looks at drainage ditches when we drive over them. Nice we have the internet now to get info and refresh my skills. I am a native Californian and learned to fish there in clear rivers, surf, and offshore. I got to Texas as quick as I could courtesy of the US Army that dropped me off here in 1985.

Flamenquero
                            ...welcome! If you are bank fishing in the Clear Lake area you don't want to pass up fishing some of the retention ponds in some of the subdivisions around 96. have seen some 10+lb bass pulled out of them here recently.

Comment

welcome!!
                              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X