New to Yakn, Restarting Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Yakn, Restarting Fishing

I grew up fishing, mainly freshwater. I went to college, worked for 34 years, rarely fished or hunted, and recently retired. I have been wade fishing in West Bay and in the surf near Jamaica Beach and fell back in love with fishing. Yesterday I ordered a Hobie Outback from ACK after doing research and going to FTU and ACK demo days.

After a morning of wading in the surf last week, I started scoping places to launch a kayak so went to the end of 8 mile road and introduced myself to Mike who had a bunch of kayaks on the launch. Turns out he does bay tours (not fishing). He was very friendly and gave me some tips of places to fish near the launch. He also told me about this site! Thanks Mike!

Initially I will focus on Galveston West Bay and maybe Christmas Bay. Hopefully I will meet some of you at the launch or on the water and you will share some of your experiences and advice. The fishing community has always been a friendly one.

Steve

WELCOME ! Check out TEXAS KAYAK FISHERMAN fishing site . All things kayak fishing are discussed .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Welcome and X2 on Texas Kayak Fisherman!!!!
      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Here's another launch point site. Zoom in to Galveston Bay.............

Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
        "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Welcome to the site

Comment

Working...
          X