468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Guy From North Texas - Don't Judge :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy From North Texas - Don't Judge :)

Howdy All,

My name is Brent, a/k/a FishyB. Live in the Fort Worth area but grew up fishing Galveston Bay, West Bay, etc..... It's been 14 years since my wife, kiddos and I lived in Kemah and needless to say I miss the saltwater.

I am bringing my son down to camp at Galveston State Park this weekend, 12/04-12/06 for his 14th birthday. The plan is to fly fish the flats on the bay side and perhaps the San Luis Pass (fly / conventional).

I am very excited to bring my son down and show him what it really means to fish! To be honest, a little stressed about the trip too, I really want him to get into some nice fish while we are there.

Tight lines.
    FishyB

Welcome! GISP is a great place to fish. Head down to Sea Isle for the weigh in on Saturday and meet a few of us!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Welcome to the site my fren! If you fish San Luis pass be careful, the riptides are pretty bad but I'm not sure how they are in the winter months. There is an rv park on the south side of the pass that has a cut behind it coming from the bay. My buddies have had good luck there for gator trout. That's about all I got. The rest of the spots you need a kayak or boat. Good luck and tight lines

Comment

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome home.
          Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
          "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Thanks guys. We had a great trip and look forward to coming back very soon.

Tight Lines.
            FishyB

Comment

Welcome!!!! Good folks here!!!!
              Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

It'll be a beautiful weekend nonetheless. Be weary or SLP , a lot of ghosts out there floatin in them waters, so have a DEpendable life vest ....good luck and remember to jig slow in the Winter due to everything moving a little slower in the cold. Welcome and as always Tight Lines !!!!
                "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Comment

Welcome.
                  "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Working...
                  X