Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello New Friends on the West End!!

Hello all my new WEST END friends...

Quick history on myself... My wife and I are about to close on a relatively new house on Tiki. After careful consideration of the all the bays, we decided on the west end because we love the area, homes, lifestyle, and people that we'v met so far. Im a long time salt but unfortunately west bay is the only bay that i DONT know. Fished it a few times but that was many years ago.. After reading numerous posts on this awesome website about the hazards in west bay- literally, Im concerned/scared....LOL.. Im aquiring maps, looking over google earth etc..
    Im in the market for a new (or recently new) shallow running boat. Everyone has their opinion and what works best but its truly what you want out of boat that matters...
    I want to be able to run into Greens, Chocolate, and few others in whatever I purchase. My history in skinny boats was the years I fished on my dad's 20ft Shoalwater. I have little to no desire to run offshore. I love nothing more than wade fishing early in the morning.. My only question IS: would a 23-24 ft Majek, El Pescador, Shoalwater,etc really be TOO big to run in the back bays.. ??? I really want a skinny boat between 21-24 ft... Any responses is greatly appreciated.
    Again, I am so looking forward to meeting some fishing friends/neighbors and slowly learning the west end for some awesome fishing. As well, it looks like there are several fishing tournaments throughout the year! WE ARE SO EXCITED...

I look forward to meeting many many of y'all !! I love reading all the information on the website: it really is informative !!
    FISH'ON my friends...
    Alan P.

Bienvenedos!
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Welcome aboard!!! Great people and fisherman here. Nothing like the west end family.
      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Welcome aboard. You can run pretty much all the back bays in a 21' to 24' skinny water boat, aka cat, shallow sport, Mayek Illusion etc. as long as the tides are a little up. There are times when almost noone can get around in some of the back bays in the winter but you will be fine in most of them as long as you learn how to get into and out of the areas.
          Good Luck!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
            Welcome aboard. You can run pretty much all the back bays in a 21' to 24' skinny water boat, aka cat, shallow sport, Mayek Illusion etc. as long as the tides are a little up. There are times when almost noone can get around in some of the back bays in the winter but you will be fine in most of them as long as you learn how to get into and out of the areas.
            Good Luck!
            Yep, chip is correct, but there are reefs that are only inches underwater in each area you listed, so best bet is to watch others and learn, maybe follow but stay wayyyy back because they may be a newbie and run hard aground and then you rump ranger them!! Plus folks get a little nervous when being followed too close-I know I do, so I may shut down and wait til ya blow by.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Welcome aboard Alan!
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Welcome to Tiki
                "Team Waist Deep"

Comment

Welcome.
                  "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                    Bienvenedos!
                    Bwaaaaahahahahahahaha!!!! Que?

Comment

thanks for the great advice from several of y'all and the welcomes aboard! Looks like an awesome place to meet some great folks down here !! See some of y'all on the water very soon..

Thanks.. Alan P.

Comment

Hi....
                        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Working...
                        X