Howdy! From Willis TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy! From Willis TX

Hello! My husband and I come down about 8-12 times a year and stay at JBRV. We normally kayak the state park and have tried a few other places as well as fish the surf. We are coming down may 13 weekend and planning on bringing the boat.. we have a 16' g3 tiller and a 24' pontoon.. I am leaning towards the pontoon so family/kids/dogs can enjoy the outing as well. We are wanting to fish the canals and potentially some other areas, just unsure of West bay as a whole... Please advise!
    *Pontoon trailer is galvanized and pontoon boat has spent many years in salt water prior to our ownership so that is not an issue.

Welcome aboard!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

You need to check the weather , wind direction , and tides at time of your stay . A hook and line fishing map is a help . For starters , fish cove points on an outgoing tide and fish in the cove on an incoming tide .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

welcome
        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome. Lord Bless.
            robert
            And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Welcome aboard

Comment

Welcome aboard!!!
                Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Welcome ! Arrrr !
                  Popper in the morning Popper in the evening

Comment

Welcome.
                    "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Working...
                    X