Forum Newb from the Great Lakes region

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Newb from the Great Lakes region

Hello fellow anglers. My wife and I have been researching potential retirement areas for a couple of years in anticipation of moving in 5-ish years when I retire. I currently live in Michigan between Detroit and Flint in a little town called Davisburg. This location puts me about an hour from Lake Erie where we fish for yellow perch and walleye in the summer out of our 17' Whaler Outrage. we're also about an hour from Saginaw Bay, which is a large bay on Lake Huron also known for excellent perch and walleye fishing. We also fish Lake Huron proper, as well as Lake Michigan for Salmon in the spring and summer.

Concentrating on coastal Gulf of Mexico, I've found myself intrigued by Sergeant, TX as a possible retirement location due to it's proximity to what looks to be a variety of great fishing opportunities, as well as some reasonable real estate. I'm looking forward to learning more about fishing Texas coast before we head there for a family vacation this Spring.

RC

Just curious about what flood insurance cost living on the coast. This could effect
    your decision. I was thinking some members talking about a huge increase a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Root Canal View Post
      Just curious about what flood insurance cost living on the coast. This could effect
      your decision. I was thinking some members talking about a huge increase a while ago.
      Yeah, that's a concern for sure. Some of the properties we've looked at have assumable insurance. Still it will certainly shape how close to the coast we end up.

Comment

Working...
      X