Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huntington Beach CA-----> Galveston TX

Hello all,

my name is Joe and I just moved to Galveston from Huntington Beach. In CA I spent most of my time spearfishing, surfing, and fishing for saltwater bass. I've been exploring around tryin to fish for redfish and speckled trout with not much luck. I'd love to join some of you guys to learn the techniques of fishing here!

Cheers!
    Joe Whitmore

Welcome aboard Joe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I have friends that play volleyball under Huntington pier. Have relatives close by also.
      Do you have a boat that you will be fishing from? Fishing here is a lot different and this time of year is tough, especially with the weather we have been having.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
        I have friends that play volleyball under Huntington pier. Have relatives close by also.
        Do you have a boat that you will be fishing from? Fishing here is a lot different and this time of year is tough, especially with the weather we have been having.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
        I've heard this time of year is tougher fishing, can't wait for the weather to get better. I've been watching a lot of youtube videos of fishing around here and it looks really fun!

I'll be living in Galveston for at least the next 3 years so I definitely wanna learn to fish the area. I've got a 14' inflatable with small outboard I mainly used for diving in Baja and the kelp beds off SoCal. I still need to get it registered in TX though.
        Joe Whitmore

Comment

Originally posted by jwhit88 View Post
          I've heard this time of year is tougher fishing, can't wait for the weather to get better. I've been watching a lot of youtube videos of fishing around here and it looks really fun!

I'll be living in Galveston for at least the next 3 years so I definitely wanna learn to fish the area. I've got a 14' inflatable with small outboard I mainly used for diving in Baja and the kelp beds off SoCal. I still need to get it registered in TX though.
          Welcome to Galveston and the group!
          Knarly waves at Huntington, big & thick as I recall. I had a problem with belly boarders too, guy's would try and kill ya. That inflatable is great for fishing the surf in the summer. When there's light SE wind and it goes almost flat you can catch trout & reds & Spanish Mackerel in the surf, or go out a little further and troll for Kingfish and the occasional Ling, and anything else is possible.
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Check out the troutsupport videos.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome. !
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
              X