New To Kayaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New To Kayaking

After renting a tandem kayak, my husband and I decided we needed to buy two.

FTU on I-45 at Fuqua has kayak demo days. You may want to check those events out so you can get comfortable in one before you commit to purchasing.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Well, we bought two on Father's Day when they were on sale. We've been out 4 times now and have no regrets! We've only been out to Galveston State Park - and haven't caught anything worth keeping yet, but it's been fun.

Comment

What kayak did you buy ? How long ? Sit on top? Rudder ? Anchor pulley?
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Cool!!! It is fun. Y'all see me out there in mine.
          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

We got two of the sit on top, 12' eagle talons at Dick's. No rudder.

We were out this past Sat & Mon. Matt chatted with a couple of guys in yellow kayaks, but they had moved on by the time I got close.

Comment

Nice yak! Keep plugging away at the South shoreline. You may want to look at the videos produced by Trout Support. They are a sponsor here. They have really helped me.
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by dawnotello View Post
                After renting a tandem kayak, my husband and I decided we needed to buy two.
                He

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Awesome. Welcome to Yak fishing. My two buds and I fish out of the State Park all the time. Maybe we can meet up sometime. I'm going to Texas City Dike tomorrow to fish Mosquito Island with a guy I met on TKF. Looks like your yaks came with a rod holder to boot. Great looking yaks. Tight Lines and great yaking.
                  Keith Bodine 1st Cav 1966-1967
                  RVN A/229th AHB/Door Gunner
                  sigpic

Comment

Nice ride...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

These yaks have been awesome. When I'm not in mine, I'm thinking about getting in it.

Wish we could have joined you, hacksaw. Good luck & make sure you show us pictures of your catch!

Comment

Originally posted by dawnotello View Post
                        These yaks have been awesome. When I'm not in mine, I'm thinking about getting in it.

Wish we could have joined you, hacksaw. Good luck & make sure you show us pictures of your catch!
                        Thank you ma'am. Wish you could have too. Got one keeper trout, but at least I wasn't skunked. Far as I could tell, no one else caught any.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0579.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	562709
                        Keith Bodine 1st Cav 1966-1967
                        RVN A/229th AHB/Door Gunner
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X