New to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum

My wife and I visit Galveston at least twice a year. She graduated from UTMB so Galveston is kinda our second home. Now we bought a bay boat and will be staying in Jamaica Beach next week. Any advice where to fish? We’ve done several guided trips in the past but never fished West Bay. My plan was to run across to the ICW and fish in Greens Lake(recommendation from a friend). Thanks in advance for any advice.

Originally posted by nolaetx View Post
    My wife and I visit Galveston at least twice a year. She graduated from UTMB so Galveston is kinda our second home. Now we bought a bay boat and will be staying in Jamaica Beach next week. Any advice where to fish? We’ve done several guided trips in the past but never fished West Bay. My plan was to run across to the ICW and fish in Greens Lake(recommendation from a friend). Thanks in advance for any advice.
    There is a reef in front of Jamaica that you need to be careful of but really no obstacles until the cut at Greens. Once through the center of Greens Cut you should be good to enter the lake across from ICW. I'd stop & work the tide near Greens Cut, just don't block the channel by anchoring in it. Also work the same tide in Greens Lake. If that doesn't pan out run back into West Bay and fish Confederates reef to your east. Again, try not to block the channel here. The old ICW runs right by the reef.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thank you for the info. So heading out of JB in the channel I should head NW to the ICW? Looking on the map there appears to be an entrance to the ICW near Greens. Would that be best spot to enter the ICW from JB? Thanks again for the useful info.

Comment

Originally posted by nolaetx View Post
        Thank you for the info. So heading out of JB in the channel I should head NW to the ICW? Looking on the map there appears to be an entrance to the ICW near Greens. Would that be best spot to enter the ICW from JB? Thanks again for the useful info.
        That’s correct. That’s definitely the easiest place to get in. If you’re going to run across the ICW and go into greens proper, stay on the west or left side as you enter. Stupid shallow on the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Awesome info. Thank a bunch guys. Really a big help.

Comment

Working...
          X