New Man on board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Man on board

Helllo to all. I am a new guy to the forum as well to the Texas coast. Originally from North Louisiana and have done most of my saltwater fishing in South LA. I am looking foward to fishing the Galveston area and learning some new water. I have a seven year old son who is my #1 fishing companion so any recomendations for places to take a kid would be much appreciated. I'm in the proces of selling a Tahoe Fish and Ski so we will primarily be fishing from a 16 ft aluminum boat. I'm hoping to find some areas that might be wind protected. My experiences so far haven't been the case. Trying to go this Saturday. Any recomendations?
    Trip

welcome aboard!looks like it might be windy everywhere.
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

welcome & enjoy.....good luck tomorrow
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Welcome

A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Welcome aboard Trip

Comment

Welcome aboard....I fish the west end out of a 16 ft flattbottom. There are lots of protected areas. Shoot me a pm and I will try to help.
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome, we are looking foreward to your first fishing report and a picture of you son holding a big trout or redfish. Thanks for joining us!
                Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Hey Trip, fellow former Louisianan here. I sent you a PM. Imhammer would be a great guy to show you the ropes. I have plenty of areas around San Luis Pass to suggest as well. Welcome Aboard!
                  From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Welcome Trip! Dependent upon where you launch there are some great protected spots and some very kid friendly ones. I'd be glad to help out also.
                    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Welcome !!
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Well today was pretty much a bust.Opted out of taking the boat out. Instead my wife, daughter(2), son(6) and I tried to do some crabbing and fishing from the bank. We didnt make it too the water untill 1:30. We found a bulkhead off of 517 around San Leon. Not familiar with the area but it looked like it used to be a launch pre Ike. Anyway 3 crabs, no keepers and no fish. Is the water temp too cold for crabs? When would be a good time to start catching them? Thanks for the welcomes. I hope to have better posts in the future.

Comment

Working...
                          X